Value of: Ross Colton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Would be an ideal target for the leafs. What would Colorado want?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think he’s a pretty good fit right where he is and you’d need to replace him. Could you find a more affordable replacement that isn’t a drop off? I don’t know that you save enough money to make it worth it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just to throw out there, he has 2 goals in the last 31 playoff games.

Rooting for a team that just wants to get to the playoffs, that isn't a concern until playoffs happen. It's like years ago people beefing at the possibility of Bruce Boudreau as head coach because of his record in playoff game 7's... for a team not even in the playoffs. Gotta get there first. :laugh:

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I just thought that a guy like him could be used on the PP before the net, but you wrote that he is almost never used on the PP. I just want to understand what Ross Colton is good at.
He's used as a shooter on PP2 but the Avs top unit takes up 1:30 of the 2 min PP at least so he doesn't get much time.

Reactions: Fjordy

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
The fact we have a disparity in our valuations doesn't mean I don't understand.
This is a rebuilding team and you can't look at the asset values in isolation of that fact. Roll the dice, trust your staff.
Trust your staff to hit on the ~10% chance that 2nd round pick turns into a better player than Colton? No thanks.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Thinking Krebs and 3rd or 4th
According to Buffalo fans, Krebs has yet to establish a spot in the lineup after three seasons - putting up 17 points - while Colton scored 17 goals with 40 points.

Why would Colorado do this?

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Would love him on NJ but unless Colorado wants Schmid + prospect or picks for him, I don't see an offer that'd be acceptable for both sides.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, cap. Landeskog is apparently set to return for 2024 with his 7 million on the books, which is a huge question mark...and then Nishushkin has truly f-ed the team with his suspension. There are apparently no grounds for terminating his contract and his suspension without pay will end in November. That means, barring finding a way to get rid of him, the Avs have to keep space this offseason for Nuke's 6.1 million salary to return to their cap before Christmas. And even if the Avs do get rid of Nuke, if they want to keep Drouin (and apparently they do) then they realistically need to move out some money.

Personally, I don't think moving Colton is the answer -- the Avs instantly need a #3 centre replacement if they move him, and he's a very flexible middle six player at both centre and wing -- but maybe he could fetch a decent-ish return of futures. The Avs moved the 37th overall pick for him; I have to think his value is at least the same now.

There is no grounds for contract termination? that's wrong, that HAS to be and if It's not that needs to change.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wouldn't be shocked to see Treliving in on him, Leafs do need a better 3C and he does seem like the kind of player Berube would like.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Devils fans want to give up Holtz in a trade, then that means something is wrong with him. Like his game might not be pro-NHL on the smaller ice. I would want to pass as well, we already have Olausson in our system who is facing similar issues. A good goalscorer who looks lost when he doesn't have the puck in a shooting position.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad