Value of: Ross Colton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
If Devils fans want to give up Holtz in a trade, then that means something is wrong with him. Like his game might not be pro-NHL on the smaller ice. I would want to pass as well, we already have Olausson in our system who is facing similar issues. A good goalscorer who looks lost when he doesn't have the puck in a shooting position.
He can score goals at the NHL level (and he does it 5 on 5, which is nice). He is not a bad playmaker.

Everything else is not great so right now he's not really a net positive on the ice

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He can score goals at the NHL level (and he does it 5 on 5, which is nice). He is not a bad playmaker.

Everything else is not great so right now he's not really a net positive on the ice
I Love Ruff, but his coaching wasn't doing him justice. He never had the skills or traits to bang on the bottom two lines, but that's where Lindsey kept putting him and it never made sense. I don't think he's a bust yet and he's still a high-calibre prospect, but Avs don't need another reclamation project, we already have enough with our subpar level of drafting (Avs are getting rid of another Head Scout after this draft, that's like 3 in 10 years).

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah, cap. Landeskog is apparently set to return for 2024 with his 7 million on the books, which is a huge question mark...and then Nishushkin has truly f-ed the team with his suspension. There are apparently no grounds for terminating his contract and his suspension without pay will end in November. That means, barring finding a way to get rid of him, the Avs have to keep space this offseason for Nuke's 6.1 million salary to return to their cap before Christmas. And even if the Avs do get rid of Nuke, if they want to keep Drouin (and apparently they do) then they realistically need to move out some money.

Personally, I don't think moving Colton is the answer -- the Avs instantly need a #3 centre replacement if they move him, and he's a very flexible middle six player at both centre and wing -- but maybe he could fetch a decent-ish return of futures. The Avs moved the 37th overall pick for him; I have to think his value is at least the same now.
Okie-dokie then! Now for some out of left field!

Nichushkin and Colton for Kadri.

Flames assume Nickushin's risk (which is huge) and a very serviceable player in Colton.

Av's will see the return of one of their favourites, albeit getting older, that has won a cup with them before and isn't showing any signs of slowing down just yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Linds

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
They should move one of the goalies, but I'll be curious to see if they do. Malek can come over after next year, so they should move him in to Utica.
I expect it to be daws, but after 2021-22 I wouldn't be shocked to see them keep as many NHL caliber goalies as humanly possible in case of injury

Reactions: Forge

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Okie-dokie then! Now for some out of left field!

Nichushkin and Colton for Kadri.

Flames assume Nickushin's risk (which is huge) and a very serviceable player in Colton.

Av's will see the return of one of their favourites, albeit getting older, that has won a cup with them before and isn't showing any signs of slowing down just yet.
I honestly had no idea Colton was 28 already next season. That's crazy. I thought he was 25ish. Interesting trade concept. Not sure what I think about it.

Reactions: Nanuuk

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I honestly had no idea Colton was 28 already next season. That's crazy. I thought he was 25ish. Interesting trade concept. Not sure what I think about it.
It’s a landslide win for Calgary if you can keep nuke clean

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It’s a landslide win for Calgary if you can keep nuke clean
I highly doubt we can keep him clean. If that Colorado room and organization can't do it, what shot does a lesser organization playing for a lot less have?

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I highly doubt we can keep him clean. If that Colorado room and organization can't do it, what shot does a lesser organization playing for a lot less have?
Yeah Val’s untouchable if he’d have kept his nose clean. The Avs are wondering in the forest

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I think all Gs right now are a wait and see what's what. I'm all in on Colton but our new tandem is placeholders for the next pairing. I'd see if it can be done without any Gs.
If Daws is what it takes I'd do it

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Colton
AVS 2025 5th

for

NJ 2025 2nd
Bastian
Daws
1719097750831.png

Ad