GDT: Rookie Tournament: Canadiens vs. Sabres (7PM ET on RDS.ca & YouTube)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You're stapling him on the roster without even seeing him play one preseason game? Yeah, his potential is nice but are you not on the premature side? I expect him to do down the Barron path of development.
Which would be the proper thing to do...............................zero reason to rush any one of these kids......zero!
Developing into a pro is the proper method, not throwing them into the whole thing just because...

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Breaking - Florian Xhekaj and John Parker Jones suspended from hockey indefinitely after multiple incidents in rookie game against the Buffalo Sabres on friday night.

Michael Pezzetta also banned from any professional hockey in North America for jumping onto the ice for a brawl even if not participating at the Rookie Camp.

Reactions: Seb

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Sorry you.. wanted Savoie 1st overall?

I'll agree with Kulich tho, the mesar pick better make up for that one
But Benson is wtv really, rather get the best D of the draft
Hopefully they come into contact with each other on the ice see who gets the best of who early on lol

Noted

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
You should of noted the "mesar better make up for that pick" as well because it's your ass right now lol

I have to see Mesar tonight and how he does. I don't have a problem admiting my failures.

But Benson is probably another Gen talent

Reactions: Doublechin

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Xhekaj is 6'3 but only 185. That doesn't sound like someone that will scare anyone

Legitimate cup contenders cannot be build with too many small players. While they may be skilled they eventually wear down. That's undeniable.

188 pounds

Also, it might be too lightweight for the NHL, but most junior player are still lighter than him.

He can and should be imposing himself physically in this tournament.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I have to see Mesar tonight and how he does. I don't have a problem admiting my failures.

But Benson is probably another Gen talent
Will be very curious to see
But having 'banged up' seasons in junior doesn't bode well for absorbing the punishment one can face in the NHL
But good luck to him, for sure

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Mesar was the flavour of camp last year...

This year, not so much huh?

All the more reason as to why we should just enjoy these rookie tournaments and not read too much into them.

But I digress.

Reactions: Fenris

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nemec is controlling the game whenever he's on.

1-0 NJD after one. Nemec and Leevi Merilainen were the best guys on the ice for their respective teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenris and bopeep

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Michael Pezzetta also banned from any professional hockey in North America for jumping onto the ice for a brawl even if not participating at the Rookie Camp.
sting.gif

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Nemec played 64 games last year and had 34 pts and he's part of the camp. There's absolutly no reason for Slaf to miss this camp.

He needs games under his belt and this is a nice soft entry into the new season.

Someone explain to me why is Slaf not in it, aside from trying to shelter him from bad press

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Nemec played 64 games last year and had 34 pts and he's part of the camp. There's absolutly no reason for Slaf to miss this camp.

He needs games under his belt and this is a nice soft entry into the new season.

Someone explain to me why is Slaf not in it, aside from trying to shelter him from bad press

Maybe you should call Kent Hughes and ask him directly?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

He played in the AHL so he retains his prospect status.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mesar was the flavour of camp last year...

This year, not so much huh?

All the more reason as to why we should just enjoy these rookie tournaments and not read too much into them.

But I digress.
He wasn’t the pick for a wast majority here going into camp expectations were low he did very well at camp vs. other habs prospect so every got excited expectations when way up and he couldn’t meet these expectations.

• Love
Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He played in the AHL so he retains his prospect status.
Slafkovsky needs games under his belt...not NHL one's, but rookie tournament games.

Wild stuff...season is right around the corner

He wasn’t the pick for a wast majority here going into camp expectations were low he did very well at camp vs. other habs prospect so every got excited expectations when way up and he couldn’t meet these expectations.
100% agreed

I expect this same phenomenon to repeat itself this year with Reinbacher

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Slafkovsky needs games under his belt...not NHL one's, but rookie tournament games.

Wild stuff...season is right around the corner

100% agreed

I expect this same phenomenon to repeat itself this year with Reinbacher
I expect some will get on board with Reinbacher but Not sure it will happen at the same level with Reinbacher because even if he wasn’t the pick expectations are higher. Guys like Beck, Mesar weren’t center stage day 1 but outplayed or outshine bigger name on top of having low expectations not sure Reinbacher can blow expectations and outplay everyone while being the guy everyone is looking at…

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Nemec played 64 AHL games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad