GDT: Rookie Tournament: Canadiens vs. Sabres (7PM ET on RDS.ca & YouTube)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mailloux should be a lock to make the team to start the season.
Regardless of how he does this tournament and pre-season, I'm expecting him to get games early in the season.

With Hutson and Reinbacher likely joining the defense core next year, I don't think they'd want to have 3 rookies on defense next season.

I take it you've closed your eyes when Mailloux defended at the OHL level?

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
You're stapling him on the roster without even seeing him play one preseason game? Yeah, his potential is nice but are you not on the premature side? I expect him to do down the Barron path of development.
I'm far from stapling him to the roster, but I think it's a near guarantee we'll see him get at least a handful of games early in the season to see how he performs. I'm not saying he'll play the whole season with Montreal.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I can see investing a later round pick on a smallish player but the Mesar pick was a serious stretch for me. Watch Kulich dominate today like he did in Rochester last year. Not sure why Mesar was picked before him.

No one is more excited about Logan Mailloux's potential but damn...90 some OHL games in 3 years and he is ready?
I'm not saying he's ready, but he did play in Sweden too.

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Mailloux should be a lock to make the team to start the season.
Regardless of how he does this tournament and pre-season, I'm expecting him to get games early in the season.

With Hutson and Reinbacher likely joining the defense core next year, I don't think they'd want to have 3 rookies on defense next season.
A lock? Lol
Not only is he not secured a job on our RD, the drafting of Reinbacher pushed him a whole spot behind the pecking order

And last year we had 5 rookie D on the roster btw lol

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Farrell-Kidney-Mesar

The legion of smurfs

smurfs-the-my-tech-knowledge-933149.jpg
seems that Farrel grownt to 5,10 now
Kidney 6
Mesar , 5,10

Not that small,, but yeah not the biggest either.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Im kind of disappointed not to see Slaf. The guy hasn't made it yet, they're just pretending he has now?
If by “made it” you mean the hab roster, yup, totally. Enjoy the next 6-8 years of him reaching his prime (or don’t, who would I be to manage other people’s emotions…)

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
...because?

No reason given. Unless I missed it. But as I said earlier in the thread, maybe it's a minor injury. Maybe it was something mundane like getting some paperwork done or something detailed that we don't think of that they deal with on a day-to-day basis.

It could be he is not 100% and he needed to stay behind to be evaluated.

Reactions: Rapala

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Get to see Benson, Savoie and Kulich tonight.... 3 guys that the Habs could have drafted...

I wouldn't add Savoie as someone the Habs would have selected no matter what. Habs took Slaf #1, Savoie went 9th to Sabres. Habs' next pick was 26th with Mesar, which in that case, you can argue they should have taken Kulich. And Benson is someone available to Habs at 5th OA. Even if he went 13th, I think he's the kind of player who might make some teams look bad for not taking him.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
If by “made it” you mean the hab roster, yup, totally. Enjoy the next 6-8 years of him reaching his prime (or don’t, who would I be to manage other people’s emotions…)

You gotta love rushing players when they're not ready.

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
I wouldn't add Savoie as someone the Habs would have selected no matter what. Habs took Slaf #1, Savoie went 9th to Sabres. Habs' next pick was 26th with Mesar, which in that case, you can argue they should have taken Kulich. And Benson is someone available to Habs at 5th OA. Even if he went 13th, I think he's the kind of player who might make some teams look bad for not taking him.

Ya you're right.... scratch Savoie

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Get to see Benson, Savoie and Kulich tonight.... 3 guys that the Habs could have drafted...
Sorry you.. wanted Savoie 1st overall?

I'll agree with Kulich tho, the mesar pick better make up for that one
But Benson is wtv really, rather get the best D of the draft
Hopefully they come into contact with each other on the ice see who gets the best of who early on lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Breaking - Florian Xhekaj and John Parker Jones suspended from hockey indefinitely after multiple incidents in rookie game against the Buffalo Sabres on friday night.
Xhekaj is 6'3 but only 185. That doesn't sound like someone that will scare anyone

seems that Farrel grownt to 5,10 now
Kidney 6
Mesar , 5,10

Not that small,, but yeah not the biggest either.
Legitimate cup contenders cannot be build with too many small players. While they may be skilled they eventually wear down. That's undeniable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad