GDT: Rookie Tournament: Canadiens vs. Sabres (7PM ET on RDS.ca & YouTube)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mailloux needs reps and playing less than 100 OHL games really shows. He needs 1-2 years of AHL hockey, maybe even some ECHL hockey.

I don't think the ECHL would be good for him. I feel like it would encourage him to be an offensive dynamo (which he could probably do in the ECHL) instead of focusing on learning to play D.

He needs to play a lot of AHL hockey and do extra time with Laperriere, Ramage and Bouillon (and Robidas).

Reactions: jrom

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
the-water-boy-suck.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Love the deep analysis of our prospects after 40 minutes of a rookie game.
I'm sorry but you are wrong. The basics of the game were executed by one team. People can't comment positively on plays they didn't see.
What an ugly start to this Challenge. Not many bright spots in this one.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm totally sold on David Reinbacher. His offensive talent impressive me a lot. This guy is the real deal. I certainly see a potential top pairing D tonight.

Great choice by Habs!

KikoHunter

Jun 6, 2021
Hey guys it's ok, let's go back to overhyping our prospects like we've done for decades and eat our socks once it's time for them to prove things :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: ArtPeur

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I'm sorry but you are wrong. The basics of the game were executed by one team. People can't comment positively on plays they didn't see.
What an ugly start to this Challenge. Not many bright spots in this one.

I don't think it's wise to call the rookies busts after 40 minutes when the team barely practiced together. Perhaps after the three games we can have a better idea of what the players can bring to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad