GDT: Rookie Tournament: Canadiens vs. Sabres (7PM ET on RDS.ca & YouTube)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I expect Roy to be better with better players and more structure. It's the first game, and to play his style he needs to know his linemates.
Do we have any better forwards than the guys he was playing with at this level?

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Also its fine to point out Mailloux's defensive flaws , they have been known,

But to actually say you are *disappointed* with his play just means you were never really following this player, I blame the habs organization for having a bunch of people near the org leak out that he's going to make the team out of camp lol without that noise nobody is that disappointed everybody knows the guys needs to work on getting better in his own end.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Funny, didn’t see the game, but reading thw posts here tonight, you seem to be the only one who thinks Reinbacher was good.
He definitely had some issues with things coming back at him faster than he expected but I can also say he wasn't expecting the turnovers that caused it to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrom

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Yes, Buffalo is one of the teams in the NHL with the best bank of prospects and tonight, there were 4 1st round picks among forwards while Montreal had 1 (see 2 with Beck).However, it is a priority for MTL to select talented forwards with their future 1st and 2nd round picks.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Not too worried. Are we really surprised by the lack of talent up front? All of our u24 top talent is in the NHL already, and we should have a chance to draft some more next draft.

I am not going to judge Roy and Heineman before they play with actual NHLers in pre-season. They are complimentary players who won't do that much on their own, regardless of the level.

I have very little hope for Farrell, Kidney, Mesar and Mailloux to become significant contributors, so I don't really care.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Also its fine to point out Mailloux's defensive flaws , they have been known,

But to actually say you are *disappointed* with his play just means you were never really following this player, I blame the habs organization for having a bunch of people near the org leak out that he's going to make the team out of camp lol without that noise nobody is that disappointed everybody knows the guys needs to work on getting better in his own end.
Regardless of what was said his flaws were pretty evident not sure why anyone believe that noise…

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Missed it. Summary please.

Reinbacher great for a 18 years old. Obviously has tools but need more time.
Tourigny great as a rover.
Simoneau is a bulldog.
Beck was good. Close to NHL ready. Would have been nice to have him in the AHL.
Demin defensively solid most of the game. Wouldn't be against an invite to main camp for AHL/ECHL purpose.
Trudeau definitely the vet on D. Calming presence.

Dobes flashed some moves despite the score.
Heineman good first, not much else.
Mesar had some flashes.
Roy had a deflection goal, not much else.
I don't remember the 4th line doing much. Neither did Guindon.

Mailloux often lost defensively. Needs intensive D classes.
Farrell not interested in this tournament (not really surprised TBH).
Kidney not ready for the AHL. Needs strenght.

Overall, team lacked chemistry which is not exactly surprising as the only duo that played together (and even then not necessarily on the same line) was Simoneau-Mysak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad