GDT: Rocky - Oilers v Flyers - 8 PM on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Defense got worse. Lost a lot of speed. One of the oldest teams in the league got one more year older. Played the most games possible in an NHL season right into June equals a rough start.

Now with the massive cap constraints coming with Drai, Mcd and Bouch's contracts its looking like our best opportunities at the cup are in the rear view.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Someone in oilers management needs to grow a pair and absolutely go on a rant laying out example by example of how the reffing and the reviews have been complete garbage this year. Take the fine.
Bowman is a weasel. He Weasled into this role. He aint calling nobody out. He needs to get paid.

Jackson could care less.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Is the league sending us a message here or something? I only watched the last 5 mins but auto called back a goal, called a penalty that at the very least should have been evened up, then completely looked the other way on Ekholm getting his stick slashed out of his hands? Not to mention they get the same amount of pps in one period we've had all year? Seriously what the f*** is this bullshit?

Yes, the message is: "f*** Star players, only grinders matter, please enjoy watered down expansion hockey"

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Oil badly out skated to start the season and incredibly disconnected with out of synch play in all areas. NHLEdge confirms:

This Season
Top Speed 62 percentile
Speed Burst Over 20 MPH: 67 percentile

Last Season
Top Speed 93 percentile
Speed Burst Over 20 MPH: 96 percentile

Draisaitl talked about play speed vs. skating speed. Oiler aren't demonstrating either to start this season. Highly disjointed, slow play spent chasing faster opposition who are converting on bad goaltending, leaky home plate defending, and a PK that's abysmal. Difficult sign when The Stack Line isn't tilting the ice and scoreboard.
Drai might need to ingest some speed at this point….

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What's everybody else doing this winter? I'm thinking of lighting myself on fire, that'll be less painful than watching the Oilers.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Are they training a bunch of new refs or some shit? Normally I don't bother criticizing the reffing but come on man... how in the f*** is this professional level? Completely inconsistent in the types of calls made, the f***ing assholes in the centre of the universe back out east making these infuriating goal challenge calls... man f*** right off already.

That's all on top of this team playing like complete shite.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
It's going to be a brutal season for this Oilers team.

Ice is slanted every game right now... and even when the Oilers are decent... refs/league insures that it's never going to be an easy night for the Oilers.

I'd be shocked at this point that they don't dig a huge hole and the climb out is going to be brutally difficult... even worse than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad