RIP Kobe Bryant

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Damn, Im watching the Rockets/Nuggets and saw RIP KB 24. This is nuts. Legend. Vaguely remember when he was in high school when I was kid.

He just tweeted about LeBron passing him last night.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Truly shocked. This is going to hurt so many people for a very long time.

The entire world is going to hurt. But us who live here in Los Angeles hurt the most. Rick Fox is also being reported dead, per news outlets. 2 Laker legends down

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The entire world is going to hurt. But us who live here in Los Angeles hurt the most. Rick Fox is also being reported dead, per news outlets. 2 Legends down
I was going to say, LA isn’t even over Nip being gone yet, now they lose another legend.

Fox is alive though.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Ok there are guys crying on the bench. They should’ve called off the games.

Agreed. I get that Kobe would have wanted them to play, but a lot of guys are losing an idol and/or a dear friend. Any games today are gonna be halfhearted affairs.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Heartbreaking, one of his daughters was confirmed to be on board as well. On their way to her practice academy.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The greatest player I ever saw play (I’m too young for Jordan but that’s not the point.) My favourite player growing up. He is why I’m a Laker fan. He is why I began to watch basketball. He changed my life. Countless times I would throw something at a garbage can and say “Kobe!” I still do it now even as an adult. Incoherent rambling aside, this is my tribute to my favourite player of all time: Kobe Bryant.

RIP Mamba

Sep 19, 2008
Watching ESPN2 right now and to see them talk about Kobe and how he wanted to pass on his knowledge to his family that he loved is very sad to hear. He loved the game but he also loved his family too. His daughters were at Staples with him constantly and Kobe was just a good guy who wanted to share his knowledge with his friends and family. I say this again, but in his late days he was opining about basketball. He had his own ESPN+ show and was talking about how women could be in the NBA (like Della Donne, and others). Really smart and great basketball IQ guy and the world lost a very wise man today

Reactions: Juve

Ad

Ad

Ad