Confirmed with Link: RIP Johnny & Matthew Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Trying to get through the vigils... started with the CB one as I thought it might be easier... I'm less than 9 minutes in... if it gets harder I'm gonna be a snotty mess soon.

CBJ Vigil.

I will add a link to ours when I watch it.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Candlelight vigil wrecked me. Beautiful sight to see all the fans turn out though. I'm sure thousands more were watching via live stream.

Johnny meant more to this city than can really be put into words. Still hard to believe this tragedy has happened.

Rest in peace Johnny and Matty.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
me too, seeing Mony and hearing Backs before he started broke me.

And to add some levity to the thread... Gudbandson is still one sexy MFer. I wouldn't have let those hugs end quickly either.
Yeah hearing Backs broke me too.... I think hearing Monahan would destroy me.

I have enjoyed hearing all the funny Johnny stories, dude seemed like a character, and hearing how much of stand up guy he was.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah hearing Backs broke me too.... I think hearing Monahan would destroy me.

I have enjoyed hearing all the funny Johnny stories, dude seemed like a character, and hearing how much of stand up guy he was.
I completely understand why Mony hasn't spoke yet, he just looked wrecked... I imagine that's how I would look if I lost my brother... since he and Johnny lived together when they first started out, he would have a million stories... I don't know how easy it is to find but there is a Flames TV thing from when they were pretty young that was like a Cribs type thing, I remember it being entertaining

edit: I was mistaken, Monahan was still living with just Bouma at the time, but I found a Johnny and Jooris one... pretty sure they says Jooris does all the cooking, but it was a long time ago

• Love
Reactions: Fig and hangman005

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
I completely understand why Mony hasn't spoke yet, he just looked wrecked... I imagine that's how I would look if I lost my brother... since he and Johnny lived together when they first started out, he would have a million stories... I don't know how easy it is to find but there is a Flames TV thing from when they were pretty young that was like a Cribs type thing, I remember it being entertaining
Absolutely, I understand why he hasn't spoken yet, and part of me of is a bit thankful for that, I've barely held together with everyone else don't think I could manage with Mony. Honestly seeing the messages from Meredith is tough, she's showing a strength I don't think I could muster if I were in her shoes.

I remember watching that back in the day, it was entertaining

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Absolutely, I understand why he hasn't spoken yet, and part of me of is a bit thankful for that, I've barely held together with everyone else don't think I could manage with Mony. Honestly seeing the messages from Meredith is tough, she's showing a strength I don't think I could muster if I were in her shoes.

I remember watching that back in the day, it was entertaining
I'm rewatching it now, it was Johnny and Jooris, but it is funny, Johnny thought an eggplant was a plum :laugh:

That reminds me.... @shaner82 How is Josh handling this? I hope he has lots of support.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
I'm rewatching it now, it was Johnny and Jooris, but it is funny, Johnny thought an eggplant was a plum :laugh:

That reminds me.... @shaner82 How is Josh handling this? I hope he has lots of support.
Yeah just rewatched and it's oh so familiar not sure how I misremembered Mony being there, probably mashed episodes together in my brain :laugh:

Ditto on the above though, hoping he's doing the best he can all things considered.

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
When passing cyclists I always slow down and give them an extremely wide birth. My brother died while cycling when he was hit by a car that was passing him on a country road. If conditions permit I will pull completely into the oncoming lane while passing. None of this half and half shit which sounds like what the one driver did.

You mean wide berth? (as in to steer well clear of something while on a ship).

I believe you have to give 1.5M when passing in Calgary and you're allowed to cross the yellow line to do it. I always do this and I drop my speed when passing a cyclist.

Dunno the exact rule, but on side or rural roads, I'll do the same, kinda similar to passing on a dotted line, but I'll do same and kinda go on the oncoming lane to pass as long as I've identified there's no oncoming traffic so that it's safe to do so (ie: not a curve or blind area).

Yeah just rewatched and it's oh so familiar not sure how I misremembered Mony being there, probably mashed episodes together in my brain :laugh:

Ditto on the above though, hoping he's doing the best he can all things considered.

Did Gaudreau visit Mony's crib or something? I only remember the toaster thing for Mony's place.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
You mean wide berth? (as in to steer well clear of something while on a ship).

I believe you have to give 1.5M when passing in Calgary and you're allowed to cross the yellow line to do it. I always do this and I drop my speed when passing a cyclist.

Dunno the exact rule, but on side or rural roads, I'll do the same, kinda similar to passing on a dotted line, but I'll do same and kinda go on the oncoming lane to pass as long as I've identified there's no oncoming traffic so that it's safe to do so (ie: not a curve or blind area).

Did Gaudreau visit Mony's crib or something? I only remember the toaster thing for Mony's place.
Yeah looking back at it... I think I mashed both videos together in my brain, the Toaster part was funny.

Sorry Bouma and Jooris, I seemed to have forgotten you involvement until just now as I rewatched them.

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah looking back at it... I think I mashed both videos together in my brain, the Toaster part was funny.

Sorry Bouma and Jooris, I seemed to have forgotten you involvement until just now as I rewatched them.

IIRC, Johnny did hang out a bit with Bouma so maybe there's something somewhere that caused it to mash together.

In the healthy scratching incident, it was Johnny, Mony and Bouma who got in trouble together after showing up late due to a super bowl party or something.

Reactions: hangman005

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

edit: I was mistaken, Monahan was still living with just Bouma at the time, but I found a Johnny and Jooris one... pretty sure they says Jooris does all the cooking, but it was a long time ago

I've never seen this before! I've watched the Mony one numerous times though cause of the toaster comment haha

Reactions: Lunatik

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

Hey Flames fans. Absolutely gutted for you all. I’ve always been a fan since Josh played there. Obviously become a Gaudreau fan since he’s the one who sort of took to Josh right away and they created a special bond living together for 2 years and we’re still in talks all the time. Monahan as well. Josh took it hard like everyone else I imagine. He’s a special person who you just wanted to be around. RIP Johnny and Matthew

All love Flames gang.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Hey Flames fans. Absolutely gutted for you all. I’ve always been a fan since Josh played there. Obviously become a Gaudreau fan since he’s the one who sort of took to Josh right away and they created a special bond living together for 2 years and we’re still in talks all the time. Monahan as well. Josh took it hard like everyone else I imagine. He’s a special person who you just wanted to be around. RIP Johnny and Matthew

All love Flames gang.
thanks for the update homie, we miss you around here.

I’ll watch the Flames and Jackets vigils at some point. Just can’t do it now, not sure I could handle it
It's extremely hard, but worth it IMO.

I had to pause each repeatedly and even turned on something funny in the middle a couple times. I also skipped a lot of the 13 minutes of silence/memories parts, because the silence and looking at how broken teammates and fans were was too much.

• Love
Reactions: Fig and shaner8989

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It would be interesting to know which NHL players and associates were at the funeral. Was Gio there? Bennett? Tkachuk? Conroy? Sutter? Lindholm?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
It would be interesting to know which NHL players and associates were at the funeral. Was Gio there? Bennett? Tkachuk? Conroy? Sutter? Lindholm?
No it's not "interesting". It's one of the shittiest days that family will ever experience and it's been turned into a f***ing spectacle. We don't need to know who is grieving and how badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad