Confirmed with Link: Rights to Chris Tanev for Max Ellis, 2026 7th rd selection

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
yeah that's just not even close to truw

how is it not? Pesce, Roy, Tanev, Zadorov, Skjei, Montour, walker these are the top 4 guys in this UFA class, Tanev is most likely the first out of the lot to lose a step and fall off from being a top 4 guy, and he might not see much of a discount. I mean if he comes in at 3 million great if not then I wont be happy with it.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Sign Tanev 3.5 x 7
Sign Zadorov 5.5x5
Sign Brossoit 3.5 x 3
Sign Matt Roy 6x7
Sign Domi 4x4
Sign Skinner for league min

Trade Kampf and Jarnkrok for cap relief.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
McMann - Tavares - Nylander
Skinner - Holmberg - Marner
Prospect - Dewar - Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
Zadorov - Roy
McCabe - Benoit
which one of those forwards are going to kill penalties because it looks awful right now. we need the fix the PK not make it worst.

should also edit this and say it's a very weak team down the middle aswell.

Reactions: New Liskeard

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I can live with Tanev but I want no part of Zadorov or OEL. Also if Tanev was linked so heavily here why did we need to trade for his rights?
Having his rights gives us the ability to offer a max contact …a extra yr that we couldn’t offer in free agency

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
But Dreger and co said we can't offer 8 years because he wasn't here before the trade deadline? So it'd be 7 years either way no?

For the tenth time I am just asking why I'm not crying over a seventh

Interesting……NHL change the rule?
I thought this was a common practice with other free agents before the start of free agency.

Maybe I’m getting my sports mixed up

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
This is a smart use of a 7th and expiring rights. Jump the line and get one of your guys. He makes your team better the second ink touches paper. Because you workout a sub-35yo deal for less money and more term, he can be retired, and costs less cap, allowing us to add as much as we can in FA.

Love it
You also look really stupid if you give up a pick for the rights and don't sign him. A trade without a deal in place shifts the leverage to Tanev and his agent.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
You also look really stupid if you give up a pick for the rights and don't sign him. A trade without a deal in place shifts the leverage to Tanev and his agent.

No you won’t. That happens. And we gave up effectively nothing.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Well, I like our 7th Rd picks that we chose today so I think people should stop saying we gave up nothing for Tanev's rights.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Assuming they sign him, and I fully expect them to sign him, the Leafs are significantly better today then they were yesterday.

Tanev is a top 4 man and you got him for a 2026 7th, I don't care if they 2026 7th wins The Hart Trophy, and playoff MVP and a cup and goes to the hall of fame in the future.

a top 4 D for a 7th round pick, and a 2026 7th round pick at that, not even this year or next year, a top 4 D for a 7th round pick is ALWAYS a good deal literally ALWAYS.

if that 7th round pick turns into a hall of famer good for Dallas but the ods of that are astronomical, so much so that I don't see how anybody can be critical of this move.

Reactions: ErnieLeafs

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
how is it not? Pesce, Roy, Tanev, Zadorov, Skjei, Montour, walker these are the top 4 guys in this UFA class, Tanev is most likely the first out of the lot to lose a step and fall off from being a top 4 guy, and he might not see much of a discount. I mean if he comes in at 3 million great if not then I wont be happy with it.

-"Let's trade Mitch so we can sign some UFA dmen"
-"Good idea. Let's get Tanev"
-"No, too old"
-"Ok, let's get Zadorov, he's young"
-"No, he'll be overpaid"
-"K, let's get Sjkei or Montour"
-"No, these are the top 2 dmen on the market, the bidding war will be nuts"
-"Pesce?"
-"He has a deal with NJ"
-"So...Roy?"
-"The 2nd best RHD on the market? Won't be cheap..."

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Sign Tanev 3.5 x 7
Sign Zadorov 5.5x5
Sign Brossoit 3.5 x 3
Sign Matt Roy 6x7
Sign Domi 4x4
Sign Skinner for league min

Trade Kampf and Jarnkrok for cap relief.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
McMann - Tavares - Nylander
Skinner - Holmberg - Marner
Prospect - Dewar - Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
Zadorov - Roy
McCabe - Benoit
Easy 1st round exit secured

They might miss the playoffs tbh with that forward group

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Alright boys, time to show Las Vegas how cap circumcision is really done.

1613164281093.gif

Reactions: Jmo89 and Roo

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Assuming they sign him, and I fully expect them to sign him, the Leafs are significantly better today then they were yesterday.

Tanev is a top 4 man and you got him for a 2026 7th, I don't care if they 2026 7th wins The Hart Trophy, and playoff MVP and a cup and goes to the hall of fame in the future.

a top 4 D for a 7th round pick, and a 2026 7th round pick at that, not even this year or next year, a top 4 D for a 7th round pick is ALWAYS a good deal literally ALWAYS.

if that 7th round pick turns into a hall of famer good for Dallas but the ods of that are astronomical, so much so that I don't see how anybody can be critical of this move.
Hes Giordano from 2022. In 2 years he will be unplayable

Horrific contract about to be given

Boston in 7 lives on with these sort of shitty moves

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Well, I like our 7th Rd picks that we chose today so I think people should stop saying we gave up nothing for Tanev's rights.

Good for you. I said effectively nothing which is a very well supported position. The odds of a 7th rounder ever being a player for you are not good. And we had multiple.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I think we can all agree this is going to be a highly questionable contract. Financials aside, Chris Tanev's defensive IQ and reading of the game is out of this world. Rielly has found his babysitter.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Hes Giordano from 2022. In 2 years he will be unplayable

Horrific contract about to be given

Boston in 7 lives on with these sort of shitty moves

There’s absolutely no way for you to know that. There are plenty of D who play effectively in this league well beyond 35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad