Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Greig is on pace for 41 pts as a 21 year old, I love his game but at the same age Brady had 30 goals, was leading the team in pts, top ten in the league in shots, and top 5 in the league in hits,

Even if you look at Brady at the time he signed the contract he was already playing at a 25g, 53pts pace in a shortened year, again leading the team in pts, 2nd in the league in shots, 2nd in the league in hits.

So no, you are objectively wrong. It is much crazier to give Greig an 8x8 deal right now. The good news is he's under contract next year so we don't have to rush into things

you don't think Greigs points would be higher than they are if he got 1st line and #1 pp ice time every game and just asked to play for offense?

and im talking about after next year, when he will most likely put up another great all around season and be one of our more valuable players again.

If Norris and Brady are the barometer, Greig is worth 8 mill too. he is more well rounded than either.

but hopefully we get him cheaper, 5-6 mill maybe, don't think he is coming in any cheaper if he has a good agent or wants to take a discount.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
you don't think Greigs points would be higher than they are if he got 1st line and #1 pp ice time every year and just asked to play for offense?

and im talking about next year, when he will most likely put up another great all around season and be one of our more valuable players again.

If Norris and Brady are the barometer, Greig is worth 8 mill too. he is more well rounded than either.

but hopefully we get him cheaper, 5-6 mill maybe, don't think he is coming in any cheaper if he has a good agent or wants to take a discount.
Oh yeah, I'm sure Greig will all over the franchise records the way Brady is, if only he'd been given a chance, because Brady didn't earn anything, right?

Greig is great, but it is way to early to be even thinking about an 8x8 deal. When he actually does something to justify it, then we can stat considering it. Until then, yes, it's crazy to be talking about, It's nothing more than blind homerism combined with a well established bias you have against Tkachuk to think they're comparable right now.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Oh yeah, I'm sure Greig will all over the franchise records the way Brady is, if only he'd been given a chance, because Brady didn't earn anything, right?

Greig is great, but it is way to early to be even thinking about an 8x8 deal. When he actually does something to justify it, then we can stat considering it. Until then, yes, it's crazy to be talking about, It's nothing more than blind homerism combined with a well established bias you have against Tkachuk to think they're comparable right now.

none of our top players under dj earned anything, they were just gifted things. that is why we were where we were.

and look i would be pretty shocked if Greig got 8x8 as he will most likely play on the 3rd line and 2nd pp next year as well, he likely gets a bridge. but in terms of what he brings to this team and will do so next and many years after he is worth just as much as brady and norris and chabot. who got 8 mill off similar caliber of play.

he is just as big part of the future as any of our top guys, and probably the most well rounded young forward we have.

Reactions: Emrasie

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Grieg is worth no more than 4 million on a bridge at this point

He's never going to break the bank, getting him on a bridge deal is the way to go

The team should be floating 2 years at $3.0-$3.5 M per year this summer. If we're going $4M I'd probably be going for 5 years or more if I'm the Senators. Not sure Greig would go for that though.

The guy is looking like a really valuable player. If his point totals go up he might get pricey. He's a already one of our best defensive forwards.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
This post is just trolling as usual from you. C’mon dude/ma’am get new material

both of those players got 8m without having hit 60 points.

and this year Greig has been our most valuable, consistent forward despite being couple of years younger than Brady and Norris and being only in his rookie season.

every line has struggled this year except the line that has Greig on it. it is no accident.

like it or not, none of the three players are far apart from each other.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Greig's EN goal absolutely warranted a response, but not a cross-check. I don't get how Leafers disagree on that point. If any of our guys give an opposing player a hit to the head after that instead of just a solid body check or quick shove, I'd call for them to get suspended as well cuz that kind of crap is dangerous. I love Greig, he's been such a bright spot for us this season.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
likely hits 55-60+ points next year.

and every single thing you want a hockey player to do he does. starting to represent the spirit animal of the sens just like Alfie used to...

hopefully we get him cheaper but I would do 8x8. kid is worth it.
uhhh no

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

and this year Greig has been our most valuable, consistent forward despite being couple of years younger than Brady and Norris and being only in his rookie season.

every line has struggled this year except the line that has Greig on it. it is no accident.

Pretty much this. If we use the metrics that gave Norris or Brady their deals, Greig would be getting paid. Thankfully Staios doesn't seem as dumb as Dorion and will hopefully learn how to reign it in and find a balance between tryna find a bargain and making players earn prove their worth.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
If they didn't like the slapshot on the open net, then they should have left the goalie in so it wasn't open.
Or how about being ahead with a minute left in the game?

What is getting lost in all this is we won this game and the season series against the Leafs 3 wins versus one loss.

If I were a Leaf fan, I'd be more interested and pissed off about that.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Important PK? Send Greig.

Need a momentum shift? Send Greig.

Need to make life for opposition top line tough? Send Greig.

Last minute of the game? Send Greig.

Random top 6 player is struggling? Send the Greig with him.

Need some time in a hard fought close game? The Greig.

And soon, especially after he starts getting more pp ice time and accumulates exp he will be hitting 60 points and maybe even 70+.

Reactions: NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Important PK? Send Greig.

Need a momentum shift? Send Greig.

Need to make life for opposition top line tough? Send Greig.

Last minute of the game? Send Greig.

Random top 6 player is struggling? Send the Greig with him.

Need some time in a hard fought close game? The Greig.

And soon, especially after he starts getting more pp ice time and accumulates exp he will be hitting 60 points and maybe even 70+.
I dunno about 70 points, but definitely see him topping out as a regular 50-60 point player who never takes a shift off in each end of the ice

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I dunno about 70 points, but definitely see him topping out as a regular 50-60 point player who never takes a shift off in each end of the ice

I feel if he saw consistent ice time with someone like Stutzle + pp1 over the course of a season he would be a good bet to snag 70.

Like he thinks the game as well as any forward we have save Giroux.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I feel if he saw consistent ice time with someone like Stutzle + pp1 over the course of a season he would be a good bet to snag 70.

Like he thinks the game as well as any forward we have save Giroux.
I think it depends on the coach as well. If we still had DJ, sure, because there's no demand for back checking. but under JM (or his successor), not sure if he'll be given as much leash.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Oh come on.

He's been good but our most valuable and consistent forward? Not even close.

Brady and Norris being overpaid by Dorion doesn't mean we should throw a massive contract at Greig coming off of 19 points in 38 games.

If anything it should be a cautionary tale that development isn't linear and there is indeed risk in throwing massive contracts at non-superstar talents.

Reactions: DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
How has Greig somehow created division here?

Let's just take a moment to appreciate his slapper from Saturday night. There is a lot of other plays to appreciate too, but let's just stick to that and be united, for one moment.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Oh come on.

He's been good but our most valuable and consistent forward? Not even close.

Brady and Norris being overpaid by Dorion doesn't mean we should throw a massive contract at Greig coming off of 19 points in 38 games.

If anything it should be a cautionary tale that development isn't linear and there is indeed risk in throwing massive contracts at non-superstar talents.

Who has been better than him? Stutzle naw, Brady naw, Norris naw, Batherson naw, Giroux? Maybe but naw. Tarasenko naw. Joseph naw.

Those players may have more points than him but flip their deployment with Greigs and they don't have the same totals while Greigs go up.

And in terms of a 200 ft game and helping his linemates Greig has been the best. When he is on the ice good things happen and bad things not so much.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
none of our top players under dj earned anything, they were just gifted things. that is why we were where we were.

and look i would be pretty shocked if Greig got 8x8 as he will most likely play on the 3rd line and 2nd pp next year as well, he likely gets a bridge. but in terms of what he brings to this team and will do so next and many years after he is worth just as much as brady and norris and chabot. who got 8 mill off similar caliber of play.

he is just as big part of the future as any of our top guys, and probably the most well rounded young forward we have.
He's just another flavour of the month for you.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Who has been better than him? Stutzle naw, Brady naw, Norris naw, Batherson naw, Giroux? Maybe but naw. Tarasenko naw. Joseph naw.

Those players may have more points than him but flip their deployment with Greigs and they don't have the same totals while Greigs go up.

And in terms of a 200 ft game and helping his linemates Greig has been the best. When he is on the ice good things happen and bad things not so much.
Yeah but that doesn't mean you pay him $8 million aav to him. I feel like your point should be don't overpay young guns the way PD did until they prove they are the real deal in all ends of the ice.

For what it's worth, Riddler might end up being crap as the season goes on, he might not be able to handle the grind of a full season. After Giroux he's our best forward, but i doubt he's facing the tougher match ups like Stu is,

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
To think I was laughed at last summer suggesting Greig was as ready to take on a 3C role as Pinto was

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Lock Greig and Pinto up to 5-6 year deals because it creates a nice flow to the cap situation where they will (hopefully) be underpaid when Tkachuk and co. get their UFA raises.

Unless you feel this team can win a cup in the next 2-3 seasons, don't bridge them. Bridging them creates short term cap at the expense of long term cap.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Most of those players have been better and there's a reason Greig isn't on the top PP over them.

Not sure why you have to take it way too far all the time with the flaming hot takes.

Greig has been good but not even his grandma thinks he's been the best forward on the team this year.

Reactions: Stutzlaaaa and JD1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad