Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
One thing with Greig...kid needs a bit more muscle. He isn't the biggest guy in the world, and he doesn't have the clout of being on an O6 team like Marchand does.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tkatchuk would have done the same thing. And you all would be pissed if a leafs player did that to us lol. Fans are f***ing dumb. And we fans need to accept that
You’re way off the way I see it. We’re talking about a cross check to the face.

I wouldn’t even mind if an opponent did what Greig did it. I’d laugh and expect a retaliatory body check or some yelling from the bench. NOT a cross check to the face.

Now, no matter if the player was ours or not I’d give that cross checker 5 games minimum.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ridly Greig sat there all game, staring at the Leafs jerseys, hearing their chants, and did what we all wanted. If you are a Leafs fan watching that live, that would basically ruin your night. Ridly just tattoed the Sens logo on his chest

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ridly Greig +19

Dominik Kubalik -21

I usually don't make arguments based on raw +/- but enough said?

Tkatchuk would have done the same thing. And you all would be pissed if a leafs player did that to us lol.

As Rielly? No, we'd be ashamed

I can't think of many Sens dirty moves and personally I'm proud of supporting a team that it is not in its culture. Chris Neil has NEVER been suspended and it says a lot.

Good to have players who play hard but have respect and a head on their shoulders instead of employing dummies like Gallagher, Perron, Rielly, Dell, etc

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The Riddler is turning out to be a better and more valuable player that I thought. Hope he becomes our version of Brad Marchard. Skilled player who is an asshole to play against.

Brad Marchand. Not light. The next generation.

I mean, his development is far from over but he is on the right trajectory. +19 on a Sens roster is loco. Love this guy.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Ridly Greig sat there all game, staring at the Leafs jerseys, hearing their chants, and did what we all wanted. If you are a Leafs fan watching that live, that would basically ruin your night. Ridly just tattoed the Sens logo on his chest
People haven't been attention if they don't see the impact he has on a game and how important he will be.

Love that he is getting more national attention.

Didn't get to see the game but our youngsters seemed to have played well again.

Reactions: coladin and Emrasie

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah a response was earned obviously, but jumping him with gloved punches to the head for a second or two until the scrum tied everything up would have been the way to go for a guy who didn’t actually want to fight but felt he had to do something.

The cross check to the head is just weak and he’ll get suspended for his troubles.

Another legendary moment created in the battle of Ontario. Who was saying that the rivalry was dead and all of the those playoff loses are meaningless? Thankfully/hopefully it’s all been accessed again for everyone; we need some good rivalries, the kids need some games with bite.

We hate the Wings, we hate the Habs, and we hate the Leafs. This division is shaping up to be a doozy.

f***ing rights, what a fun game to watch.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah a response was earned obviously, but jumping him with gloved punches to the head for a second or two until the scrum tied everything up would have been the way to go for a guy who didn’t actually want to fight but felt he had to do something.

The cross check to the head is just weak and he’ll get suspended for his troubles.

Another legendary moment created in the battle of Ontario. Who was saying that the rivalry was dead and all of the those playoff loses are meaningless? Thankfully/hopefully it’s all been accessed again for everyone; we need some good rivalries, the kids need some games with bite.

We hate the Wings, we hate the Habs, and we hate the Leafs. This division is shaping up to be a doozy.

f***ing rights, what a fun game to watch.
I'm not sure we can even hate the Habs. I don't personally, i find them like a little play thing that we get to practice while playing an actual nhl game.

Some of their fans maybe, but the team is sooooooo vanilla that i can't bring myself to hate.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm not sure we can even hate the Habs. I don't personally, i find them like a little play thing that we get to practice while playing an actual nhl game.

Some of their fans maybe, but the team is sooooooo vanilla that i can't bring myself to hate.
I hate Gallagher in a healthy way, so that helps, but yeah they are pretty milquetoast as a team.

Thats why I simply hold on to playoff wins and losses to keep the flames alive. They are still direct competition for us so it’s important to stay vigilant! Hahaha

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I hate Gallagher in a healthy way, so that helps, but yeah they are pretty milquetoast as a team.

Thats why I simply hold on to playoff wins and losses to keep the flames alive. They are still direct competition for us so it’s important to stay vigilant! Hahaha
When both teams are good maybe. Right now they're our play thing

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
This was very similar to the zub crosscheck against the wings.

Wouldnt be surprised if its the same suspension.
I'll say slightly less and guess 5, but you could be right. I was also 3 king cans in, so i was most excited about it last night.

Tail bushy and everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad