Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
How is Greig actually doing? IIRC the trainer went to see him and he left on his own, but hopefully he's ok?

Can someone with image editing skills turn this into an avatar I could use?

Attachments

• greig.PNG
    greig.PNG
    169.9 KB · Views: 4

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Back to purgatory Barnaby the Dinosaur!

Yeah a response was earned obviously, but jumping him with gloved punches to the head for a second or two until the scrum tied everything up would have been the way to go for a guy who didn’t actually want to fight but felt he had to do something.

The cross check to the head is just weak and he’ll get suspended for his troubles.

Another legendary moment created in the battle of Ontario. Who was saying that the rivalry was dead and all of the those playoff loses are meaningless? Thankfully/hopefully it’s all been accessed again for everyone; we need some good rivalries, the kids need some games with bite.

We hate the Wings, we hate the Habs, and we hate the Leafs. This division is shaping up to be a doozy.

f***ing rights, what a fun game to watch.
What was Pajama Boy doing going after Pinto?

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Greig is so great to have on your team, rare specimen. :popcorn:

One thing with Greig...kid needs a bit more muscle. He isn't the biggest guy in the world, and he doesn't have the clout of being on an O6 team like Marchand does.
Don't sure, in this game one shift in particular he was very solid, keep the puck by himself against 2 leafs. Impressive.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So Brad Marchand didn't become an NHL regular until he was 22. In his first full season, his stat line looked remarkably similar to Ridly's at present. Just saying...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
People haven't been attention if they don't see the impact he has on a game and how important he will be.

Love that he is getting more national attention.

Didn't get to see the game but our youngsters seemed to have played well again.
What amazes me is all those years that our players didn’t care, or didn’t show they cared on the ice.

Now we have Stutzle taunting Habs fans saying how awesome it was seeing the fans leave early. And we see Greig do the biggest F U in Sens hockey history to the Leafs. The culture is changing and the team has pride and want to win for us

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It teaches you to listen to any of the idiots on intermission or post game shows. With the exception of pounder, they're just loud mouth fans with a stage

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I think we should go 8x8 with Greig. He earned it.
likely hits 55-60+ points next year.

and every single thing you want a hockey player to do he does. starting to represent the spirit animal of the sens just like Alfie used to...

hopefully we get him cheaper but I would do 8x8. kid is worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: dumbdick

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
likely hits 55-60+ points next year.

and every single thing you want a hockey player to do he does. starting to represent the spirit animal of the sens just like Alfie used to...

hopefully we get him cheaper but I would do 8x8. kid is worth it.

Insane and a terrible idea

Reactions: dumbdick

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No crazier than what Brady and Norris got.
Greig is on pace for 41 pts as a 21 year old, I love his game but at the same age Brady had 30 goals, was leading the team in pts, top ten in the league in shots, and top 5 in the league in hits,

Even if you look at Brady at the time he signed the contract he was already playing at a 25g, 53pts pace in a shortened year, again leading the team in pts, 2nd in the league in shots, 2nd in the league in hits.

So no, you are objectively wrong. It is much crazier to give Greig an 8x8 deal right now. The good news is he's under contract next year so we don't have to rush into things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad