Prospect Info: Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Important PK? Send Greig.

Need a momentum shift? Send Greig.

Need to make life for opposition top line tough? Send Greig.

Last minute of the game? Send Greig.

Random top 6 player is struggling? Send the Greig with him.

Need some time in a hard fought close game? The Greig.

And soon, especially after he starts getting more pp ice time and accumulates exp he will be hitting 60 points and maybe even 70+.

And isn’t it great that we won’t have to pay him 8 million?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I need Greig to do this when he takes media availability next

How has Greig somehow created division here?

Let's just take a moment to appreciate his slapper from Saturday night. There is a lot of other plays to appreciate too, but let's just stick to that and be united, for one moment.

I don’t think it’s division it’s just one person pushing the their usual agenda.

Most of those players have been better and there's a reason Greig isn't on the top PP over them.

Not sure why you have to take it way too far all the time with the flaming hot takes.

Greig has been good but not even his grandma thinks he's been the best forward on the team this year.

I agree, other than Kubalik when he’s on PP2 I’d much rather see Greig.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Greig is on pace for 41 pts as a 21 year old, I love his game but at the same age Brady had 30 goals, was leading the team in pts, top ten in the league in shots, and top 5 in the league in hits,

Even if you look at Brady at the time he signed the contract he was already playing at a 25g, 53pts pace in a shortened year, again leading the team in pts, 2nd in the league in shots, 2nd in the league in hits.

So no, you are objectively wrong. It is much crazier to give Greig an 8x8 deal right now. The good news is he's under contract next year so we don't have to rush into things

Just a detail that doesn't change your argument at all but Brady was 22 when he scored 30 goals and he signed his contract right before that season

I 100% agree that Greig is not worth 8x8, at least not yet, Norris and Tkachuk were doing things that justified these contracts when they signed them. Players like that are more expensive because they can put big numbers and stats are what pays at the end of the day

I don't think Greig will post numbers for that type of money anyway, I see him as a Jaden Schwartz type, Looking at JS's contracts, 5 years x 5.35 AAV and then 5 years x 5.5 AAV. With the cap rising, I see Greig making around 6.0 AAV

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Most of those players have been better and there's a reason Greig isn't on the top PP over them.

Not sure why you have to take it way too far all the time with the flaming hot takes.

Greig has been good but not even his grandma thinks he's been the best forward on the team this year.

i think we may value different things in hockey players. all good.

but like i said there is a reason that the Greig line has been the most consistent line this season. there is a reason it has been our best 200 ft line.

in today's hockey it is not that hard to be a 60-70 point guy especially if you get the ice time of a scorer. it is more valuable in how good two way you are.

and Greig has been our best two way forward this season.

and yea there is a reason he isn't on the pp, and maybe it's because you don't feed steak to a baby.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Greig's EN goal absolutely warranted a response, but not a cross-check. I don't get how Leafers disagree on that point. If any of our guys give an opposing player a hit to the head after that instead of just a solid body check or quick shove, I'd call for them to get suspended as well cuz that kind of crap is dangerous. I love Greig, he's been such a bright spot for us this season.

Damn, Sheldon Keefe is truly ********

"their player has the right to do what he wants and our players have the right to react"

So basically, he approves any type of reaction to something that couldn't hurt anybody. He's approving Todd Bertuzzi, Marty McSorley, Dale Hunter, Chris Simon, Matt Cooke and all these others dangerous players. It's ok to react...

It should have been a scrum, it would have been perfectly fine if Rielly went in Greig's bubble and challenge, face-wash him or something like that, but vicious hits have NO PLACE in any sport. What a stupid ******

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
i think we may value different things in hockey players. all good.

but like i said there is a reason that the Greig line has been the most consistent line this season. there is a reason it has been our best 200 ft line.

in today's hockey it is not that hard to be a 60-70 point guy especially if you get the ice time of a scorer. it is more valuable in how good two way you are.

and Greig has been our best two way forward this season.

and yea there is a reason he isn't on the pp, and maybe it's because you don't feed steak to a baby.
Outside of the idea that he’s been our best two way forward which isn’t true, he’s played like 50 NHL games. We should probably learn by now that what makes a player worth 8 mil or not is generally based on consistency and Greig has neither had enough time to prove that piece nor put together a ridiculous stretch of 50 games that make you go wow. He has been very good and I think he’ll be an important player for us, but a lot of this is just the typical infatuation people develop for young guys on ELCs. Then when they make 8 mil, their bad games or plays suddenly become a lot more noticeable.

Greig meshes well with everyone which is a compliment, he’s a great guy to have. But I have hard time crediting him for the success of a line that includes Giroux and Tkachuk, for obvious reasons, and while he’s amazing with Pinto - I think it’s pretty clear who the best 200 ft player is on that line and it’s not Greig.

Reactions: DrEasy

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

"their player has the right to do what he wants and our players have the right to react"

So basically, he approves any type of reaction to something that couldn't hurt anybody. He's approving Todd Bertuzzi, Marty McSorley, Dale Hunter, Chris Simon, Matt Cooke and all these others dangerous players. It's ok to react...

It should have been a scrum, it would have been perfectly fine if Rielly went in Greig's bubble and challenge, face-wash him or something like that, but vicious hits have NO PLACE in any sport. What a stupid ******

He’s going to defend his guy no matter what.

These people ascribing value to the reactions of players, coaches and former players are missing the fact that they have formal or informal connections to the guys involved and they’ll never say what they really think in an interview.

Reactions: Boud and Bileur

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He’s going to defend his guy no matter what.

These people ascribing value to the reactions of players, coaches and former players are missing the fact that they have formal or informal connections to the guys involved and they’ll never say what they really think in an interview.

Yeah true, it's an aspect that I always talk about but still too involved at the moment lol

I get that he can't throw his guy under the bus but I don't know, he could have said something a bit less *******

Anyway

1707788176149.png

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
The TML “nation” skewed view on the Greig slapper feels like the Detroit fan reaction to the phantom Joseph knockout punch. 31 team’s fanbases see one thing, the Detroit fans see something else. The difference here is pro-Toronto media (which means one of our “National” coverage teams) are somehow making outlandish takes that fuel the TML fan hysteria.

It’s actually absurd that the impression they were disrespected (probably a fair stance) justifies a head hunting intent-to-injure cross check when a scrum and maybe a punch would suffice

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The TML “nation” skewed view on the Greig slapper feels like the Detroit fan reaction to the phantom Joseph knockout punch. 31 team’s fanbases see one thing, the Detroit fans see something else. The difference here is pro-Toronto media (which means one of our “National” coverage teams) are somehow making outlandish takes that fuel the TML fan hysteria.

It’s actually absurd that the impression they were disrespected (probably a fair stance) justifies a head hunting intent-to-injure cross check when a scrum and maybe a punch would suffice

I mean, the narrative went from:

1. “I’m glad Rielly did it, he should have done more!”

To:

2. “What? An in-person hearing? The league hates us. We’re the real victims here.”

I don’t know what they thought was going to happen.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021

To:

2. “What? An in-person hearing? The league hates us. We’re the real victims here.”

There's this strange narrative that Reilly is a "good guy" and was reacting in the right way, but got unlucky because he kinda went a bit too far, or his stick "got a little high".

Greig = premeditated act that emasculated the opposing team.

Reilly = proper response but his hand slipped.

• Love
Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

The slapshot heard around the world was a "nothing burger"! Reilly's response was bush league. :)

To:

Neanderthal reaction! Rational thinking had nothing to do with it!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is all Toronto's fault for pulling the goalie. I mean slap shot from 5 feet out with no goalie is like the worst thing you can do.. If there was a goalie .. Greig likely tries to score some other way... Giroux on the other hand. ... But either way its all good if there's a goalie.

Makes perfect sense.
obama-why[1].gif

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Reilly's stick was too high. He was targeting the head and neck area. He broke the rules and he will now face the punishment.

Grieg did not break any rules; he was not penalized; he is not facing supplemental discipline.

Reilly's attack was very similar to Perron's attack on Zub. Perron got 6 games.

Hunter's attack on Turgeon was very similar to Reilly's attack on Greig. Hunter got a 21 game suspension.

Those are two bookends for the discipline to be meted out by the league.

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
This guys a gamer , im not mad anymore in fact I’ve become a fan.

I was watching Sens content the other day, saw Stutzle getting awarded a stick or something by DJ smith (old content) and dudes very likeable.

Then I started watching lots of Sens content, team is easy to cheer for.

Pinto and Greig are very defensively sound young players. Let’s hope Sens play their cards right because they also have high end pieces.

I’m not the bad guy,

Signed Coffee

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

To:

The nation carry a heavy cross. I think Parros poured cement in it. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad