Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I would trade Grieg right now for Chychrun. I remember being supper high on Lazar after world juniors and, well, Lazar is still in the NHL but would any of us trade him for a top four D right now. Me thinks yes
Was Lazar liked more for his skill or character? I remember reading more about his character than his skills as a prospect.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I would trade Grieg right now for Chychrun. I remember being supper high on Lazar after world juniors and, well, Lazar is still in the NHL but would any of us trade him for a top four D right now. Me thinks yes

Ya … but Greig is actually good - you can’t teach competitiveness and willingness to do whatever it takes to win.

Reactions: Cosmix

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
This could turn out to be a good thing. Mgmt might not be tempted to play him at the NHL level now after this scare. Give him at least 3-4 months in the AHL and let’s see where he’s at.

Im an eternal optimist - but just no. Its never a good thing to get injured before camp and miss the start of the season. Even worse when your a rookie who needs to bulk up more than anything else.

If he made the team it would have been because he kicked the door down and forced his way onto it. Which is undeniably a good thing.

Reactions: Bevans and slamigo

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
This could turn out to be a good thing. Mgmt might not be tempted to play him at the NHL level now after this scare. Give him at least 3-4 months in the AHL and let’s see where he’s at.
Not all turds should be polished.

There is no silver lining to this injury. The long term effects of a premature NHL game are not as bad as chronic injuries.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Seems like it might be a while before we see him.

Being ready for the tournament helps I'm sure but missing training camp would be a big setback. Depends how bad this is though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd trade him for Chychrun. But wouldn't add much. Sens are set down the middle for the foreseeable future. Pinto is a better player.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
It is hard to see where he fits in but the reality is, one of Debrincat or Formenton is gone in the next 2 years. Greig would step in to a top 9 LW role by then I'd imagine.

I don't see Norris/Stutzle/Pinto being bumped by anyone other than a complete superstar.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'd trade him for Chychrun. But wouldn't add much. Sens are set down the middle for the foreseeable future. Pinto is a better player.
That’s a tough one. Agree pinto is probably the better player. But man I think I’d rather just let it play out a little longer and see what we got. Would still be excited if that trade happened but not totally comfortable. Nervous excitement? :)

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bob McKenzie said separated shoulder, didn’t say degree.
He's probably right. I was heartened to see that Greig was able to put on his jersey and go on the ice to get his gold medal - anyone who has ever separated or dislocated their shoulder knows that it hurts like a @#$#@ to raise your arm, sneeze, breathe, etc. If he was able to get a jersey on, that tells me that it might just be a short term thing...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Getting pretty tired of our kids getting injured at key points in their development....Sanderson,Pinto now Greig....

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
What’s with our shoulder curse? It looked pretty tender, he was guarding it significantly.

Dorion better spring for upgrades

tumblr_pjc8a2SCRr1s0zdtdo1_500.gifv

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
It is hard to see where he fits in but the reality is, one of Debrincat or Formenton is gone in the next 2 years. Greig would step in to a top 9 LW role by then I'd imagine.

I don't see Norris/Stutzle/Pinto being bumped by anyone other than a complete superstar.
I agree with the concept. We aren't going to keep adding expensive players without eventually having to subtract one.

I would think the subtraction would have to larger (salary wise) than Formenton though. Would think it would have to be at least $5 m.

The caveats are we spend to the cap ceiling (maybe attendance numbers increase), or the cap increases significantly. The problem with that though is that (large cap increase) is not expect to happen until 2025, and we will have decisions to make before then.

Regarding Greig, while I hope for the best, that looks like a months type of thing versus weeks. Hope I'm wrong.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am concerned about Greig's injury and how long it may take to heal.

I did not think the hits he took were that bad so I hope it is not a serious injury that will take many months to heal like Pinto's injury did.

I suppose we shall get some news once he sees the doctors and the Senators issue a statement.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I did not think the hits he took were that bad so I hope it is not a serious injury that will take many months to heal like Pinto's injury did.

I suppose we shall get some news once he sees the doctors and the Senators issue a statement.
Horrible luck to have to miss a bunch of time. Hopefully he is back sooner than later. My guess it could keep him out as we go into rookie and training camp at a minimum but that's a guess.

Reactions: Samboni and Cosmix

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

They said the Sens doctors were at the medal games, and saw the Ridley charts.

Reactions: Cosmix

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Pinto missed so much because he required surgery. Haven't seen anything suggest that is on the table at this point. Good chance he is ready for training camp, though they may take a conservative approach. At the very worst he should be ready for the AHL season. I'm pretty sure Pinto and White had dislocated shoulders as well, not a separated shoulder like Greig.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad