Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
The overcast gloom in Edmonton today was 80% of the days I’ve spent in Vancouver. Depressing af

Exactly, live out there for more than a week you come out looking like the Addams family.

Vancouver probably has the biggest spread I’ve experienced between how great the people that live there think the city is and how great it actually is.

City is overrated.

Absolutely, I guarantee you it's not the first city that comes to my mind when I want to go on a little get away, not trying to spend majority of my daytime in rain coats and umbrellas. Who do they think they're fooling

we know.jpg

Reactions: Oilhawks

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I hear about Florida prices being up there and it’s not surprising. Fun time and there’s a lot of money down there.

The difference between a Canadian team fan base and a team like Florida isn’t in the ticket prices. It’s every family in and around the city sitting down to watch the game and cheer together. It’s the roads with 4 total cars on it when the puck drops. It’s the flags on every 2nd house.

When their team was bad they had 300 fans in the stands. Oiler fans stuck through bad for a decade. The cup needs to come back to Canada .

I heart this

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
How much y'all think tickets will be? What time do they go on sale? I'm thinking of making the splurge and flying down for either g3/4

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I love frank. Just giving it to flamesnation.

Why does that idiot wear dark shades?

How much y'all think tickets will be? What time do they go on sale? I'm thinking of making the splurge and flying down for either g3/4

12N Mountain on Wednesday. There’s some sort of presale at 11. It’ll be sold out in 10 seconds so just secondary market tickets which will be insanely priced is my guess. Good luck.

Reactions: McDoused

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Best place to get resell tickets? Stub hub?

I buy usually on Ticketmaster (for out of town games) as they are guaranteed. I’m sure StubHub has them as well and have bought tickets there for out of town games with no issues. Fans First is another one I think a Canadian resale site. There’s also an Oilers fans Facebook ticket resale page out there but I’ve never used it as I’m not on Facebook.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Why does that idiot wear dark shades?

Can't lie, can't blame him for the shades, Calgary is pretty sunny, so is Edmonton, the 2 sunniest cities in Canada. Now when I am in Vancouver I throw away my Cartier's, Ray Bans, Versace, Prada's, Louis Vuittons anything designer and bring out my raincoat and flashlight cause that city dark and depressing as shit.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Can't lie Calgary is pretty sunny, so is Edmonton, the 2 sunniest cities in Canada. Now when I am in Vancouver I throw away my Cartier's, Ray Bans, Versace, Prada's, Louis Vuittons anything designer and bring out my raincoat and flashlight cause that city dark and depressing as shit.

He’s indoors. Talking into a microphone. Wearing dark funeral style sunglasses.

I think he’s seen Goodfellas too many times.

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
Who was the blonde woman that was celebrating the conference finals win on the ice and in the photos? The Director of Player Services? not creeping! Just curious lol

I looked at the training staff page. Joey Moss is still on there. Put a little tear or two in my eyes

View attachment 879182
I think it was Dani Rylan Kearney. She's a scout with the oilers and was the founder/president of the old women's league, the NWHL.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
East isnt good these days, thought Carolina would come out from the east, got goalied though.

Same Fla team got stomped by Vegas last year, even Oilers put up a better fight.

They havent met a really good team yet and Western top teams is much better.

Really like our chances, the team has grown inches true these playoffs .

4-2 Oilers💣💥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad