Is Kucherov getting slighted for awards?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Arguably could have been a Conn Smythe winner in 2021 leading playoff scoring by 9 points.
And today he lost out for both the Ted Lindsay and Hart award.

Considering his lead over other teammates this year, plus getting 100 assists, and having the most points in the league, he ends up empty handed.

Last edited:

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I’d love to hear your argument for him winning the Conn Smythe
Assuming he means 2021 where Kuch led the playoffs in scoring by 9 points, not this season obvi

He definitely didn't do himself any favours at the All Star game, but are we really going to begrudge Mackinnon getting it this year? He had a monster year himself

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think the Hart this year is his best case. Just put the Smythe there as he lead his team twice in scoring. And with some very high numbers. Most since Malkin I believe. Although Point and Vasi were worthy winners each year.
It was Hedman not Point that season, if it were Point after being clearly second fiddle to Kuch then we could really talk conspiracy lol

Reactions: I am not exposed

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
1719540580459.png

He said it himself.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
That's what happens when you don't give it your all in the skills competition. That oughta teach him a lesson

but yeah I thought he had a good argument for the Hart this year. I'd say it was more about giving Mackinnon some hardware finally than it was about slighting him. It happens.

• Wow
Reactions: Sentinel

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It turns out putting up game winning points matters a lot more than being a empty net points merchant.

On the other hand you have to be trusted to be out there to nurse a lead with the net pulled, as you're essentially killing off a 6 on 5 penalty and can look like a fool if you concede that game tying goal. An EN goal also more or less ensures the W, so I wouldn't take anything away from piling on the numbers that way. Or anyone with 144 points.

But yeah, back on topic. You get the sense Kuch isn't the most popular guy out there, so it's less of a "Euro" thing and more of a Kuch thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad