Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
P

Nothing to laugh at really. He is that good. Odds are very high that whatever line he plays the most won't be really productive. That is why having McDrai on seperate lines helps

I'm sure he will be on for maybe a couple, but he'll be extreme effective in the series. He's a beast
If there is a forward that can shut down McDavid it’s Barkov. He’s fantastic. I just think McDavid is too close to let anyone stand in his way. We will see the battle should be epic.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
3 things have to go right . Goaltending is #1. If skinner is sub .900 skinner there’s no way edm wins. Thankfully Pikard when he’s come in has really helped but that means the team has to fight from behind if it gets to that point. Not ideal.

If edm can’t can’t break Florida’s tough forecheck who is relentless and keeps coming at you, they will be in trouble fast.

The third thing is if their special team’s fails. One or both of them, especially if there are more penalties called than usual. You would hate to see this be a fast series if all three things (or most of these points) drop off at the worst possible time. But if the team can continue the way they’ve been playing, they have a very solid chance. That’s my take anyways.

If there is a forward that can shut down McDavid it’s Barkov. He’s fantastic. I just think McDavid is too close to let anyone stand in his way. We will see the battle should be epic.
Mcdavid can go nuclear mode but the entire team has to continue the way they are playing for the team to have a chance. It’s a team sport. Everyone needs to be at their best.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that the true MVP of this team isn’t 97, 29, nor 74, nor any other skater, but actually Kris Knoblauch? I actually think the guy is a coaching superstar but not many are picking up on just how good of a job he’s doing.

It's not all about Knob, but the video details a lot of the changes he's made that's helped bring the Oilers to where they are today. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being seen as one of the best coaches in modern hockey by the end of his career

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Typical nucks fan. All I keep hearing from their pathetic fanbase is how Edmonton is such a dump, etc etc. For an opposing fan that lives in a province aka BC that is beautiful, you'd think their fanbase would have more to do rather than go an opponents HF poll to vote against them. Real f***ing clown energy.
They have a hard time seeing the beauty from their $3,000/month 500 square foot basement suite. So bitter it is!

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
The Stanley cup was spotted in northern Alberta today? 🤔
1000007433.jpg

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
If Barkov is getting the job of shutting down Mcdavid it also means that he’s shutting himself down and he’s Florida best offensive center. I’d give Draisaitl some offensive help and add RNH to his line since they’ll probably get more opportunities then the Mcdavid line.
Problem is that all teams draw their attention to McDavid and the Oilers have many more scorers on the team.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Love how it's still Canucks fans yapping, chirping how there's nothing to do in Etown but support the Oilers; completely missing the boat (pun intended) that they're still talking hockey when their team was eliminated 2 rounds ago.

Love how they think they're living on the Caribbean side of the pacific or something, like it isn't raining 24/7 with majority of their daylight hours cloudy.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Love how it's still Canucks fans yapping, chirping how there's nothing to do in Etown but support the Oilers; completely missing the boat (pun intended) that they're still talking hockey when their team was eliminated 2 rounds ago.

Love how they think they're living on the Caribbean side of the pacific or something, like it isn't raining 24/7 with majority of their daylight hours cloudy.

Vancouver probably has the biggest spread I’ve experienced between how great the people that live there think the city is and how great it actually is.

City is overrated.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

The overcast gloom in Edmonton today was 80% of the days I’ve spent in Vancouver. Depressing af

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad