Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Hold up, let Chef Allvin cook.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, SCF chat, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

lawrence

May 19, 2012
After reading the posts in the rumor thread about Ekblad and going to the cats subforum, they don't speak very highly of his play. Seems he's a shell of the player he was i guess, I don't watch them nor did I watch the finals so I can't say, but I'd prob resist temptation to take on that cap hit and actually give up equity unless there was max retention and he wasn't thrust into an important role logging heavy Mins
a lot of top 4 guys on whatever team will get exposed, similar to what happened to Hronek and Hughes, when it comes down to the small things teams can do which is going hard after the dmans. That said, Ekblad did play with a high ankle sprain, from game 1 of the finals, but I wouldn't mind him at all.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
a lot of top 4 guys on whatever team will get exposed, similar to what happened to Hronek and Hughes, when it comes down to the small things teams can do which is going hard after the dmans. That said, Ekblad did play with a high ankle sprain, from game 1 of the finals, but I wouldn't mind him at all.
Fair points, I do think their fanbase was referring to his play this year in general though, not just a singular series, and when speaking of the playoffs as a whole, those who posted were all pretty unanimous in bad play.

Just the value of his name feels like he should be at least checked on, but given his cap hit of 7.5m, the lack of space here, and the willingness of the team wanting to jettison the former captain, I'd be weary. All hypotheticals anyways but yea.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

1719540650330.gif

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver

If the asking price for Nik Ehlers with extension is a 1st and a young player, I wonder if Hoglander+ would be an option for the team if we miss on Guentzel/Reinhart.

Losing a productive player on discount would suck but we absolutely need another star level producer in the top 6. Laine's remaining term of 2 years seems like the perfect risk level but I'm probably deluding myself on any outcome from that.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Regardless of if we add a top 6 winger or not, we are going to desperately need Hoglanders production at his low cap hit. That is invaluable to our team right now, at the end of this year or not we decide whether he stays or not but for the time being we need him and can't be using him as a bargaining chip

As for Ekblad, concussions really did him in. He is still a top 4 guy but he's kind of a Gudbranson on steroids and was carried big time by Forsling. Years ago he would have been a dream partner for Hughes but he's not worth his cap hit right now

rea

Feb 8, 2011

If the asking price for Nik Ehlers with extension is a 1st and a young player, I wonder if Hoglander+ would be an option for the team if we miss on Guentzel/Reinhart.

Losing a productive player on discount would suck but we absolutely need another star level producer in the top 6. Laine's remaining term of 2 years seems like the perfect risk level but I'm probably deluding myself on any outcome from that.
Def wouldn't risk trading a 1st before tdl time, need to judge the teams performance before unloading another 1st. Can't be throwing them away forever, unless there is a real chance at the cup. Too many variables can happen before then that could tank this team

Reactions: Jovofan

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

If we hadn't already moved the 2024 1st, I think this would be an option. I'd be surprised if they move another 1st rounder.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
You know, this could be heresy, but are they looking to move Garland this offseason?

A tweet goes out saying Guentzel and Tanev are 1 and 2 for priority. Hours later, they re-sign Myers. Now they don't have the money for Tanev.... Unless they move another player.

Moving Garland is something that should be on the table if it helps us reallocate money towards a higher impact top 6 winger situation or to help bolster our D.

I love the guy but that's the kind of move you sometimes gotta make to rebalance your roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad