Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I played this as a kid, couldn't remember the name and it's haunted me here and there for years. Thank you so much for posting this, going to track it down!
You can get it on Steam. Make sure you get the expansion set. I didn't like Majesty2 as much. Still good though. Better graphics.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
You can get it on Steam. Make sure you get the expansion set. I didn't like Majesty2 as much. Still good though. Better graphics.

Thanks, just saw it on there. GOG is my usual go-to for older games but sounds like the Steam version is updated and works better on Windows 10. Never played the 2nd, I heard some mixed things about it. First one was such a unique game for an RTS, part of why it stuck with me but couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me and searches were never fruitful (took me forever to find Warlords and that was random luck too). I think I had borrowed Majesty from a friend so never had a copy of it unlike my other old PC games that I've kept

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Oilers are going into this with the best PK, best powerplay, best player, second best player, best defenseman, best even-strength offence, top four playoff point-getters and the top playoff goal scorer.

I know Florida is a good team but this whole, 'Oilers don't have a chance' narrative that's taking shape is nonsense.

Oil in six.
Did you look at the polling on the main boards? It's fairly even.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Thanks, just saw it on there. GOG is my usual go-to for older games but sounds like the Steam version is updated and works better on Windows 10. Never played the 2nd, I heard some mixed things about it. First one was such a unique game for an RTS, part of why it stuck with me but couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me and searches were never fruitful (took me forever to find Warlords and that was random luck too). I think I had borrowed Majesty from a friend so never had a copy of it unlike my other old PC games that I've kept
I think it was somewhere around 2000 that it was voted the best strategic/building game of all time. Nothing like it.

The second one was short and had no random maps.

Reactions: Oilhawks

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
So looks like Florida is quite heavily favoured on odds.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I know Florida is big and hits, and people think we need VD in because of that. But I keep Broberg in as he is fast enough to retrieve pucks and make a play against the fast Florida forecheck. Broberg should play over VD, and I don't think its a hard decision either. I would bring VD in, but replace Ceci, as Ceci is going to get killed in his own zone.
I think this is the series where the Carrick acquisition may pay some dividends. People trying to fit Gagner into the lineup may be better off looking at fitting Foegele back into the equation. The size/speed combo will definitely help counter the fast physical game Florida comes with.

Odds are we see another coaching adjustment once we see the kind of forecheck Florida comes to the table with. The Rangers, albeit late in the series, moved to flipping pucks into the NZ like we did in the Dallas series to relieve forecheck pressure. Clean breakouts are going to be hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad