Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The thing is a lot of hockey fans said the same thing about the Oilers last series how will Edmonton's defense handle the Stars deep lineup, I was the first one thinking that Dallas was too much for the Oilers but wow did they prove me wrong, now I will not make the same mistake again, the Oilers can handle anything the opposition throw at them, and they do have the best three hockey players in the world right now (McDavid, Drai and Bouchard) so yes Edmonton have as much chance to win as the Panthers do, too me I think it goes 7.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Hope Kane makes full use of the extra days rest at those cryo chambers or something. Need him to set the tone early against the rat.
8smpup.gif

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Perry will do in the Florida series exactly what he brought him on to do. Be the worm and get under the Florida players skin. He doesn’t need to score goals or set up plays to do that. Just remind Turtle boy and Bennet who they are ****ing with every now and again.
We've said that he would do this for the last three series, though, and he's been a complete passenger. I hope you're right, but it doesn't feel like he will.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
wtf are the tickets gonna show up in ticketmaster? we specifically held off buying any tickets this post season in anticipation of this :D

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I hear about Florida prices being up there and it’s not surprising. Fun time and there’s a lot of money down there.

The difference between a Canadian team fan base and a team like Florida isn’t in the ticket prices. It’s every family in and around the city sitting down to watch the game and cheer together. It’s the roads with 4 total cars on it when the puck drops. It’s the flags on every 2nd house.

When their team was bad they had 300 fans in the stands. Oiler fans stuck through bad for a decade. The cup needs to come back to Canada .

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Typical nucks fan. All I keep hearing from their pathetic fanbase is how Edmonton is such a dump, etc etc. For an opposing fan that lives in a province aka BC that is beautiful, you'd think their fanbase would have more to do rather than go an opponents HF poll to vote against them. Real f***ing clown energy.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
if im the oilers i come out in game 1 and be complete rats, engage in all the physical nonsense, punch everyone in the face. thats floridas game and they will willingly engage. then right when they think this is the MO switch up dont retaliate and let them take penalties and ride our elite PP into a stanley cup parade

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I want his name on the cup. My math maybe wrong, but he is well short of games played in regular season

"To earn the status of getting your name engraved on the Stanley Cup, players must play at least 40 games through the regular season or one in the Cup final"

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Typical nucks fan. All I keep hearing from their pathetic fanbase is how Edmonton is such a dump, etc etc. For an opposing fan that lives in a province aka BC that is beautiful, you'd think their fanbase would have more to do rather than go an opponents HF poll to vote against them. Real f***ing clown energy.
They are making us sad in our affordable houses.

CaptainCaveman

Apr 12, 2021
I know Kane has been dealing with injury and all, but I would really like him to put his stamp the Florida series. He has been quietly good, but I'm really hoping we can see some greatness after this week off.

He can put his stamp right on Tkachuk's face

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
"To earn the status of getting your name engraved on the Stanley Cup, players must play at least 40 games through the regular season or one in the Cup final"

The Oilers can also petition to have his name on the cup. Marc Savard got his name on the cup in 2011 despite playing less games than Gagner did for us this year.

Regardless, if the Oilers win Gagner will get to lift the cup and get a ring from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad