Pre-Game Talk: Return of the Rat - Stanley Cup Finals '24: Edmonton vs. Florida

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Predict the Final

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
if im the oilers i come out in game 1 and be complete rats, engage in all the physical nonsense, punch everyone in the face. thats floridas game and they will willingly engage. then right when they think this is the MO switch up dont retaliate and let them take penalties and ride our elite PP into a stanley cup parade

Reminds me of my baseball coach back in the days playing rep in high school. He love to play the game in the game....used to piss of the other teams too lol

Like if you had a guy on third with none out and you get a walk....he would have you trot to first all casual and then round first hard into a full sprint for 2nd. If they bit, the guy on third stole home. If not, you got another man in scoring position.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Which is why I think the comment was made without thinking it out properly. The conventional mindset has become that any US team winning is good for promoting the sport no matter what, and that the Canadian teams aren't good for anything other than bringing in guaranteed revenue no matter how badly they perform.
The NHL spends more time promoting Matthews and Bedard when they got a generational player that could end up being one of the best of all time in a small market. At least the Oilers are gettig love from some NBA legends.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
They said Wednesday at noon
Boo this man! heh

Been a funny ride. Tickets for game 4, demand fell through the floor and could be had for 240bucks. People figured Stars had it. Hockey is so strange with swings you just never know. For game 6 prices were back up there way high. Same tickets behind Skinner were twice the price in game 6 than they were game 4.

To all the young fans here that hadn't been on a SC ride this Molsons is for you. I've been to SC Heaven twice already, people deserve to have the experience that haven't had it yet.

Any virgins out there, lose the cherry.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
To the Flames fans cheering for Matthew Tkachuk, your seat is waiting:
26e9834279f1948e7ce9188810973d6572883c1db56cc5fcccf1c0e573d8b7af_1.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The NHL spends more time promoting Matthews and Bedard when they got a generational player that could end up being one of the best of all time in a small market. At least the Oilers are gettig love from some NBA legends.
Bedard couldn't even get a medal at the World loser championships. Whats he done?

The McD first goal last night was LEGEND. The whole sporting world should be seeing that goal, that wizardry! That ain't some cheap dime store trick or lacrosse move nobody else scores that goal.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Boo this man! heh

Been a funny ride. Tickets for game 4, demand fell through the floor and could be had for 240bucks. People figured Stars had it. Hockey is so strange with swings you just never know. For game 6 prices were back up there way high. Same tickets behind Skinner were twice the price in game 6 than they were game 4.

To all the young fans here that hadn't been on a SC ride this Molsons is for you. I've been to SC Heaven twice already, people deserve to have the experience that haven't had it yet.

Any virgins out there, lose the cherry.

I was 13 when they wone the last cup.

2006 I was a directionless pot smoking bum.

I now have direction.....and switched to gummies LOL

To the Flames fans cheering for Matthew Tkachuk, your seat is waiting:
26e9834279f1948e7ce9188810973d6572883c1db56cc5fcccf1c0e573d8b7af_1.jpg

ROFL

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Yup, on paper there isn't much to be scared of.. the defense looks meh, goaltending is no Sheshterkin and the forwards aren't that explosive either.

But they are in the finals for a reason and we will likely need to beat them at their own game.

Hopefully Kane, Draisaitl, Ekholm and others banged up heal up before this starts..
I think a big part of the Panthers success is that they seem to “swarm” in most things…forecheck, cycling, and Ozone pressure generally.

Jan 13, 2023
I have to admit I haven't watched much of Florida but am I crazy to not be too worried about that defense?

Here they are by average time on ice:
Montour 23:23
Forsling 23:17
Ekblad 22:37
Mikkola 18:51
Ekman-Larsson 15:13
Kulikov 13:56

I've seen a bit of, 'OMG how is Edmonton's defense and goaltending going to handle the Florida forecheck'... but how is THAT defense going to handle the Oiler top six? Montour-Forsling is a quality pairing but they're not big. I'll take 29 or 97 against that all day. After that, and similar to Dallas, they seem to be riding three D pretty hard and then there's a drop-off.

Honestly, after facing Doughty, Lindell, Tanev, Heiskanen and especially Vancouver's forest of 6'6 trees, that doesn't exactly seem like a murderer's row.
Feel exactly the same way... there must be something I'm missing here :huh:

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Tough job. Free tickets to every game in the SC final. First class media food spread every day. Many off days spent in the FLA sun, and getting to enjoy Etown when it’s not cold. Poor baby.

Honestly, it probably would have to suck flying back and forth that much, but it's more the tone deaf "work in the trenches" type stuff that makes sports journalism such a lark at times.

Like lady, I know a plumber who sees worse stuff in a day than you do in a life lol (unless she eats at Taco Bell a lot)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Tough job. Free tickets to every game in the SC final. First class media food spread every day. Many off days spent in the FLA sun, and getting to enjoy Etown when it’s not cold. Poor baby.

I mean it will be rough, those are long long flights, but it's still a sweet gig in the grand scheme. Sportsnet should save money and just leave Spec in Kelowna.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I guess any idiot with a podcast is media nowadays.
her twitter profile says don't judge me and she's in something called betalytics so I'd imagine she's said/done some stupid shit before this. looks like a self important person thats never had to have a real job. I'll judge;)

meh. She was fired by the Vancouver Canucks after making trumped up charges about discrimination. enough said

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad