Report: No team has asked Maple Leafs for permission to speak with Carlyle

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Carlyle's system is a proven loser.

Paul MacLean, Guy Boucher and John Stevens will all get jobs before Randy. He'll retire and go fishing with Ron Wilson.

I sure wish Babcock would have had the chance to coach the shortened season team.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Carlyle's system is a proven loser.

Paul MacLean, Guy Boucher and John Stevens will all get jobs before Randy. He'll retire and go fishing with Ron Wilson.

I sure wish Babcock would have had the chance to coach the shortened season team.

lol what have those guys proven? Carlyle has 9 more playoff victories then those 3 have combined.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Bruce Boudreau on the hot seat after another Anaheim Ducks loss

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruce-boudreau-on-the-hot-seat-after-another-anaheim-ducks-loss/

Could this be the end of the line for Bruce Boudreau in Anaheim?

Last Saturday, in the weekly Headlines segment during Hockey Night in Canada, Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman noted the Ducks were about to start a five-game road trip. According to a couple of Friedman’s sources, Ducks GM Bob Murray wanted to “see how things go” on the trip. Friedman also recalled a conversation he had with Murray after the firing of Randy Carlyle, in which the GM said he believed “a firing is the last resort, because teams should be forced to try and work through their problems.”

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Isn't the 'compensation for fired staff' being scrapped in January?

If anyone wants Randy the window is short to squeeze a pick from it..

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Wouldn't RC be the last person, Anaheim would consider.

The Ducks won their only Stanley Cup with Carlyle behind the bench.

Shouldn't he be among the first people they might consider, as he already knows Getzlaf and Perry well?.

Nonis is on the management staff also in Anaheim and was on the Leafs staff when RC was hired here.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Ducks have 3 games in the next 4 nights, then they return home. Then 1 game in 5 nights, then another stretch of 5 games in 8 days. I think the next 3 games could force their hand if they continue in their present ways. The 1 game in 5 nights could allow the best time to get a new coach in if needed. I think Carlyle would be a prime candidate, the familiarity would make the quick transition easier.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Would be perfect justice if he was hired by the Ducks. When the Leafs acquired Peter Holland from the Ducks, the pick we sent the other way was conditional upon how many NHL games Holland played that season. Carlyle played Holland for under five minutes a night until the conditional pick became a second, thus wasting our pick. Would be awesome if we could get a second round pick back from the Ducks from them hiring Carlyle.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Would be perfect justice if he was hired by the Ducks. When the Leafs acquired Peter Holland from the Ducks, the pick we sent the other way was conditional upon how many NHL games Holland played that season. Carlyle played Holland for under five minutes a night until the conditional pick became a second, thus wasting our pick. Would be awesome if we could get a second round pick back from the Ducks from them hiring Carlyle.

Yeah, what a disgrace that was. Carlyle was just awful.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Q: what's the biggest difference you've seen, watching tape of the Leafs, with Babcock coaching?
Alain Vigneault: "He's obviously trying to implement his system with the group that he has, but I've always felt that with Randy Carlyle there they were a hard working team. Nobody is going to make me believe that Randy had no idea what defensive hockey was. He's a great coach that won the Stanley Cup and his players competed hard for him and I'm sure that's what Babcock is doing now with that team. That team is going to work hard, compete hard and they're going to come to play tomorrow."
Very unusual of Alain to complement Randy out of the blue there.
Personally I was excited when he came here. When he was here he lost me as a fan. I do respect Vigneault so maybe I should reconsider my stance?
I still am happier that Babcock is here though. Head and shoulders above Randy IMHO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad