Realistically, Which UFAs Do You Want?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'd take a swing at Desharnais to partner with Benoit on our 3rd pair.

I'd also try to pry Lomberg out of Florida. Mr. Energy bunny, hits everything that moves and takes on all comers. He instantly gives our 4th line an identity. Get this guy Tre.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Marchessault (if we trade Marner for a package), Montour and although not a UFA yet, acquire Theodore (due to Vegas cap) and get him signed.

Then more pieces next UFA season.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They need top end D but they don’t need 30+ yo and there’s not much they can realistically acquire in FA without over paying. Right now they’re not in a position to overpay.

Reactions: arso40 and Kazparov

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
It's funny Carolina is trying to sell Guentzel now. It reminds me of when the Sabres paid to talk with Jimmy Vesey. How about no?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Is no one going to comment on the OP’s awesome screen name???

UFA’s I am interested in, operating on the wishful premise that Marner is gone and ignoring any forwards that a trade would be returning to us.

Also not caring about cap compliance. That’s Treliving and Pridhams job. I’m already doing their job for them as it is…

Not asking for all of them, just ones I would like.

Forwards:
Domi
Bertuzzi
Lindholm
Stephenson
Roy
Trenin
Joshua

Defenceman:
Roy
Pesce
DeMelo
Desharnais
Chatfield

Goalies:

Stolarz

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Priority #1)

Daily rep. Get outttaaaa heeeere
Thank you.

TRADE MARNER

Just getting in my daily rep, like this savage.

1331660438_bike_wheelie_bench_pressing.gif

1718038498805.png

yes.gif

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Not Marchesault, good player sure. Wrong side of 33 and honestly we tried having to much salary allocated to skilled forward

Would love Montour. I expect Domi stays

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Me wants Roy (RD), Lindhom (C)

Bert and Domi back at reasonable hits

Wonder if St Louis would be interested in a Marner/Woll for Parayko / Binnington. Woll is a St Louis boy

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I haven't seen a lot of people talking about Tanev but feels obvious. Linked to the Leafs for a long time, Treliving wanted him at the TDL, fits a mold we can use. Yes he is older, but if he did like 2 years 4.5 AAV and could give us 1 year of being top pair with Rielly and 1 year as a 2nd pairing guy at that price, it's a good stop gap solution at an affordable price.

Assuming Marner is dealt, I expect the deal to either include a goalie or a Dman. Assuming it is a goalie, the Leafs likely take a large run at Montour and are near the top bidder. Him with McCabe on the left would be an ideal 2nd pairing, especially if Rielly - Tanev was the top pair.

If the return is a dman, then the need for a goalie is bigger and I expect a trade for Binnington or Gibson as obvious bigger names that could be moved.

I also would be ok with signing Bertuzzi and Domi back if they would take something reasonable.

Reactions: Eric Bungay

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Demelo, Montour, Domi, Joshua, and Brossoit.

Assuming they come in at reasonable hits.

Do not want Tanev, Zadarov, Bertuzzi, Hakanpaa, and people are mentioning Desharnais (terrible).

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Depends on what management has planned. If they're sticking with the golden girls then I guess we try and grab the best goaltending we can find. If they're serious about trying to assemble a quality playoff team then we should spread the cap space out over the next two years and just fill in whichever holes have the best options available.
Either way the ridiculous overspending has to end with the ugly Matthews and Nylander contracts.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Is no one going to comment on the OP’s awesome screen name???

UFA’s I am interested in, operating on the wishful premise that Marner is gone and ignoring any forwards that a trade would be returning to us.

Also not caring about cap compliance. That’s Treliving and Pridhams job. I’m already doing their job for them as it is…

Not asking for all of them, just ones I would like.

Forwards:
Domi
Bertuzzi
Lindholm
Stephenson
Roy
Trenin
Joshua

Defenceman:
Roy
Pesce
DeMelo
Desharnais
Chatfield

Goalies:

Stolarz
I like your list. I would probably substitute Walker for Chatfield although obviously a different price point. I am concerned about the Carolina affect on D performance (and that would include Pesce to an extent) . Philly does not add shine to anyone these days.

Reactions: LeafSteel

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Top pair d and a 1B goalie.
Shouldn't be difficult, lots of cap space to get it done.

Reactions: Tak7

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Depends on if the trade Marner and what that return looks like. Shifts the dynamics if he gets dealt and what he gets dealt for (how much cap space opens up, what roster player(s) does he return). I'd also look to move off of Jarnkrok or/and Kampf to open up more cap space.

Defense (probably two or three of..depending on the combination and if they bring Lily back):
Matt Roy (top-four, 1st PK, RHD, defensive minded defenseman)
Brandon Montour (top-four, 1st PP, RHD, offensive minded puck carrying defenseman).
Brady Skeji (top-four, two-way defenseman).
Alex Carrier (4/5, RHD, two-way defenseman)
Brett Pesce (top-four, RHD, defensive minded role)
Jalen Chatfield (4/5, RHD, two-way defenseman)
Oliver Kylington (5/6 even strength offensive depth)
Vincent Desharnias (6/7 defensive minded depth)
Jani Hakanpaa (depth 6/7 defensive minded depth)

Forwards (depended on Marner situation):
Jake Debrusk (top-six goal scoring forward)
Viktor Arvidsson (top six goal scoring forward)
Tyler Bertuzzi (top six grinding scoring winger)
Tyler Toffoli (top six grinding scoring winger)
Max Domi (middle six offensive playmaking centre)
Tevuo Teravainen (top six offensive playmaking winger)
Jordan Martinook (bottom six energy forward)
Yakub Trenin (bottom six two-way forward)
David Perron (middle-six offensive veteran depth)

Goalies (if they don't make a move for someone like Markstrom, they'll be counting on Woll to be starter anyways so they'll need someone capable of playing 30-40 games):
Laurent Broissoit
Anthony Stolarz
Kaapo Kahkonen
Kevin Lankinen

Reactions: kevsh and aingefan

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I'd love to have Pesce or Marchessault (or both). I wouldn't mind Guentzel, but I don't see TOR signing him.
Roy, Walker and Chatfeild ...we should be able to afford all 3. OR Joshua rather than Chatfield
then can trade Lil (depending on 3rd rhd), Jarn, and Kampf, and resign Domi or 'other'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad