Realistically, Which UFAs Do You Want?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Bertuzzi can walk, I expected a Sam Bennett type, grit and hard to play against but it didnt happen. He was not engaged all year.

Domi id offer 4 million per, u cant overpay for him. Domi showed no intimidation in the playoffs, he was hungry and made an impact.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
my top priorities this summer is 2 top 4 Dmen one stay at home guy and one two way Defense, and one 3rd line center whose good at defense and on the PK who can produce around 30-40 points

would probably rather trade for one Dmen but top target in UFA for me is Brady Skjei, want to stay away from Zadorov.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Carrier - still young and improving 2nd pair two way RHD. You can add him without giving him a bloated contract. His best hockey is still in front of him.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Zadorov (if under 5), Desharnais, Roy. That D needs to get tougher. I’d say Pesce, but that’ll be 7 plus.

Rielly-Roy
Zadorov-McCabe
Benoit-Desharnais

for forwards id like Domi and Bert back as well as someone like Dakota if the cap works.

All this is obviously dependant on Marner

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I want a proper 2C, so JT can play LW or 3C. I want 2 D man. I want Domi back.

I can wait on goalie one more year. Run Woll, Jones and even give Hildeby a cup of coffee.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Marchessault-7mil
Toffoli-4mil
Bert-4.5mil
Domi-3.5mil
Perce-5mil

Trade MM for Parayko, Binnington, 25 1st and 26 2nd.
Trade Calle, Kampf, JT for picks and Bjudstad.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I want a good goaltender who can take a starters workload if Woll can't stay fit, I'm also looking for an experienced #3G

Talbot, Jones

I want a W/C who can play in the middle 6 and kick in some points

Domi or Roslovic, whoevers cheaper

I'm looking for some cheap right handed puck moving on the backend

Schultz or Chatfield, whoevers cheaper

A Rielly partner, top pair RD

Tanev if he's 2 years or less, Roy is the other guy I'd have interest in

Obviously trades would change things but that's what I'd be looking for currently

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
Re-sign Domi, sign Skjei + Roy.

Joshua is of interest, depending on the price.
Edmundson is likely retainable, although interest is largely dependant on price, yet again.

If Marner is traded, Arvidsson/Marchessault would be of use in the short term.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
If the Leafs move Marner, I want Pesce, Tanev Stephenson and Guentzel.

Pesce + Guentzel in.
Marner + Bertuzzi out.
-
Edmundson out - Tanev In.
-
Sign Stephenson and Domi.
-
New core
-
Guentzel-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Stephenson-Nyander
McMann-Tavares-Jarnkrok
Robertson-Holmberg-Reaves
-
Rielly-Pesce
McCabe-Tanev
Benoit-Liljegren

Woll
Goalie

Note - I was only able to make it work on the cap by moving Kampf and going with a cheap goalie. But the year after with Tavares off the books, we can sign a better goalie. Or with an LTIR injury, we can pick up a goalie at the deadline.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Roy
Tanev
DeMelo

If we strike out there, Pesce and Zadorov if the prices aren't stupid.

Stolarz, Talbot ideally but apparently Brossoit is happening

Forwards?

Trenin would be one I have big interest in, wouldn't mind Perron for 1 year

Stenlund might be a decent 4th line centre to also help PK

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Roy
Tanev
DeMelo

If we strike out there, Pesce and Zadorov if the prices aren't stupid.

Stolarz, Talbot ideally but apparently Brossoit is happening

Forwards?

Trenin would be one I have big interest in, wouldn't mind Perron for 1 year

Stenlund might be a decent 4th line centre to also help PK
Broissoit played 22 games last year. Even if he increases that by 50% and plays 33 games, youstill have 49 games left and odds are Woll breaks down with that workoad. Broisoit/Woll is a huge roll of the dice for my liking. Chances are one/both turn into Sammy or worse the heavier the workload. I can see Tre trying to get Markstrom out of Calgary for cheap. If they can also get Calgary to retain, the cap hit would be easier to swallow. Devils might be in on Markstrom though and might be offering #10OA.

Reactions: HolyCrap

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Broissoit played 22 games last year. Even if he increases that by 50% and plays 33 games, youstill have 49 games left and odds are Woll breaks down with that workoad. Broisoit/Woll is a huge roll of the dice for my liking. Chances are one/both turn into Sammy or worse the heavier the workload. I can see Tre trying to get Markstrom out of Calgary for cheap. If they can also get Calgary to retain, the cap hit would be easier to swallow. Devils might be in on Markstrom though and might be offering #10OA.

Not a chance the Devils offer up a 10th overall pick for a goalie of Markstrom's age IMO but they definitely can outbid us if they choose to do so.

Ullmark is likely to be of interest as well.

My concerns with Broissoit are the same as yours, Talbot has the resume of someone who can play a lot. The only interesting thing was not that long ago Broissoit had hip surgery and said he was pain free for the first time since junior, numbers reflect that so he doesn't have a ton of miles on him like Talbot but you're rolling the dice. Stolarz/Broissoit are high risk/high reward and Talbot is a bit of a safer play but probably not a goalie you'll win a cup with...but none of them really seem like that type now anyway.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I'd take a swing at Desharnais to partner with Benoit on our 3rd pair.

I'd also try to pry Lomberg out of Florida. Mr. Energy bunny, hits everything that moves and takes on all comers. He instantly gives our 4th line an identity. Get this guy Tre.
I get it, us Leaf fans love the energy guys BUT not sure a healthy scratch 4th liner should be our #1 UFA target. :)

Need a goalie and if we don't trade for one Broissoit is my guy.

DeMelo is my under the radar Reilly RHD we have wanted for so long that shouldn't cost too much.
As you can see I am shopping at the bargain counter this offseason.

Reactions: ToneDog

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Players I want at the max I’d want them at:

Tanev 5Mx2
Bertuzzi 5Mx4
Domi 4Mx4
Montour 7.5Mx6
Sherwood 2Mx3
Demelo 5Mx4 (if Tanev or Montour not available)
Brossoit 3Mx3
Bailey 1Mx3

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Two of the following in order:
Roy
Demelo
Tanev
Pesce (would be higher but price)
Skeij (would be higher but price)
Walker.

Forwards:
1. Domi to fill top 6 out.
2. Bert (I think it's either between keeping one of Domi/Bert, but Bert will want to much compared to Domi)
3. One of: Ardvidsson/Mantha/Toffoli/Duclair/Duchane/Sprong/Monahan/Foegele/Olafsson/Perron (someone that's going to provide us some middle 6 scoring for not too expensive @ 3m-3.5mish)

Goalie:
No one I really want in FA, think this is a bad way of going about stabilizing the net. If I am forced to choose though whoever the cheapest out of the 3 so we can focus on d and f.

1. Talbot
2. Stolaraz
3. Brossosit

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I get it, us Leaf fans love the energy guys BUT not sure a healthy scratch 4th liner should be our #1 UFA target. :)

Need a goalie and if we don't trade for one Broissoit is my guy.

DeMelo is my under the radar Reilly RHD we have wanted for so long that shouldn't cost too much.
As you can see I am shopping at the bargain counter this offseason.
Sorry, I am a Lomberg fan. Not sure why Lorenz is in over him. in which case it might be reason for him to leave Florida to come here for cheap.

He is not my number one choice obviously because we have much bigger holes to fill on D, in goal and at center but I'm in on local boy Lomberg for Gregor money or a bit more.

I like Stolarz, Talbot and Ned over Brossoit. Do not trust Brossoit.

I also like Desharnais on the cheap because he would be give us a strong #3D pair at team friendly cap hits.

Of course I would like the top UFAs but I like to be realistic and sign some value players rather than overpay for UFAs like Montour, Pesce, Zadorov, Demelo and Skjei. I see Desharnais and Lomberg as low risk value pick ups.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Sign:
Montour
Tanev
Desharnais

Trade - Liljegren

Sign:
Domi
Lindholm

Trade - Marner, Kampf, Robertson

Acquire Goalie (via trade)

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Largely depends on what is done with Marner, as that would create capspace and bring back some pieces that could make certain UFAs redundant.

Also, it'd be great to get Skjei + Montour + Guentzel + Reinhart, but obviously there's a salary cap.

As an example of what I think is feasible, it'd be nice to add say:
Defence: Roy + DeMelo
Forward: Toffoli + Domi
Goaltending: Stolarz

Though there are plenty of pretty solid players available, that you could do a bunch of other potential combinations. Skjei + Chatfield? Montour + Carrier? I went with Roy + DeMelo as it's a bit less top heavy, adds two bona fide top 4 dmen, and I think Roy would compliment Rielly well and DeMelo would compliment McCabe well.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Roy would be at the top of my wish list. Perfect partner for McCabe to form a really good physical second pair shutdown unit.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Largely depends on what is done with Marner, as that would create capspace and bring back some pieces that could make certain UFAs redundant.

Also, it'd be great to get Skjei + Montour + Guentzel + Reinhart, but obviously there's a salary cap.

As an example of what I think is feasible, it'd be nice to add say:
Defence: Roy + DeMelo
Forward: Toffoli + Domi
Goaltending: Stolarz

Though there are plenty of pretty solid players available, that you could do a bunch of other potential combinations. Skjei + Chatfield? Montour + Carrier? I went with Roy + DeMelo as it's a bit less top heavy, adds two bona fide top 4 dmen, and I think Roy would compliment Rielly well and DeMelo would compliment McCabe well.
Good choices although I think someone like Carrier might be a bit cheaper than Demelo and without a Marner trade the cap is critical. I think I would take Edmundson ahead of Toffoli because of the cap as well. I think TT is still a $4M guy and Edmundson probably under $3M.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Up front Guentzel is a dream that won't happen. I'm not really in love with any of the other forward options. I'd like to keep Domi. And then bring in Blais on the cheap.

On D Sjkei would also be an unrealistic dream. I don't think Montour is what this team needs to be spending money on. Roy and Walker are probably the two options that best compliment Rielly and McCabe.

In net there's not a lot, that'll probably require a trade. I'd be cautiously optimistic about Stolarz or Brossoit but nobody else is of interest

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Not too sure who I actually want, I don’t want pesche, too many injuries, offence has fallen off. I think he’s gonna be a worse Brodie for us.

Stay away from Joshua, skeptical of his production and he’s prime for an overpayment

I’d like Arvidsson, poke around Lindholm depending on what he want, Montour would cost a lot but he could be worth it, Skjei is a solid #3 I would like

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Carrier - still young and improving 2nd pair two way RHD. You can add him without giving him a bloated contract. His best hockey is still in front of him.

He's 2 years younger than Rielly, he's not that young, he's on the wrong side of his prime.

I won't pretend like I am an expert but he has ~20 more games played than both Liljegren and Benoit while being 2 years older.

Is he a top 4D on a good team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad