RD Simon Nemec (2022, 2nd, NJD)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I see a Paul Martin type player, if he continues his trajectory. Likely a bit more offensive pop than Martin.

Complete all around. Maybe not exceptional anywhere, but not particularly deficient at any one aspect of his game.
Martin’s season high points was 37, would be a pretty big let down and a disappointment for Slovak hockey if he only got to those numbers.

Welcome to PP1 at the Olympics as a 19 year old, Luka Radivojevic!

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Martin’s season high points was 37, would be a pretty big let down and a disappointment for Slovak hockey if he only got to those numbers.

Welcome to PP1 at the Olympics as a 19 year old, Luka Radivojevic!

Basically I see him as an all-around very good player. Paul Martin was an all-around very good player. Not quite a #1, but a damn good #2 for almost any team in the league at that time.

Note: I'm not a prospects / analyst type. Just my opinion watching him.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
He plays a very simple, cerebral brand of hockey, but Nemec absolutely has the potential to be a #1 D-man. Very excited about what the future holds for him on the Devils’ blueline.

Reactions: My3Sons

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Nemec healthy scratch tonight as NJ activated Pesce and Hughes. Should be a lot of interest here for a team looking to get younger on the back end. Rumour mill was floating during the offseason, potential deals will pop up soon

GaboriklessWild

Oct 20, 2013
Nemec has been our worst defensive player for most of the season.
Yeah dude, when a clueless coach pairs him with a player who would struggle even against juniors.

In the game against Tampa, when the hobbit was no longer there, the team received the fewest EV shots when Nemec-Misyul was on the ice.

zfghfgh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
People expect too much nowadays out of 19-20 years old. D takes longer to develop and to call a 20 years old RHD a bust is funny as hell. Nemec needs a bit more seasoning in the AHL.

people also don’t realize how hard it is for teams to acquire a decent top 4 RHD. They are so rare. That’s why teams usually reach for those players at the draft. That being said, Nemec will be just fine

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah dude, when a clueless coach pairs him with a player who would struggle even against juniors.

In the game against Tampa, when the hobbit was no longer there, the team received the fewest EV shots when Nemec-Misyul was on the ice.

View attachment 921390
Casey was 75% xGF without Nemec. Nemec has been constantly leaving his partner out to dry to handle odd man rushes. It's craziness.

Watch the games.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Nemec has been our worst defensive player for most of the season.

Only reason it isn't outright worst player is that Palat's a f***ing bum. Nemec has been bad.

Still funny that a team struggling defensively decides it's time to bring in Luke Hughes. Time for Nemec to demand a trade from this clown team.

Nemec is not better than Luke defensively and is worse offensively. Nemec has always been a wildly overrated player defensively. He's an offensive Dman that gets called a two way D because he lacks standout offensive tools and his offense is based entirely on his brain. People think "brain=good defense".

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad