RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Remember the young dynamic Subban? He flashes a lot of that to me.

Physical, big shooter, loves to get involved but Jiri is an even better skater.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Aghhh dammit. Stupid Flyers finnish behind my Devils . 100% he is gone before the Devils can draft him . He was who I wanted us to take. Ahead of Nemec. Both Slafkovsky and Jiricek will be long gone by the Devils pick. Id trade the pick if Nemec is gone as well before the Devils selection .

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Aghhh dammit. Stupid Flyers finnish behind my Devils . 100% he is gone before the Devils can draft him . He was who I wanted us to take. Ahead of Nemec. Both Slafkovsky and Jiricek will be long gone by the Devils pick. Id trade the pick if Nemec is gone as well before the Devils selection .
Same position I feel with the Sens at 7. Without getting one of Wright, Cooley, Slaf or the 2 right D, I’m more than open to trading the pick.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Another one today against Austria on the EHT. He's getting PP time in training camp. We have 2 NHLer's coming (Hronek and Simek)... all the rest of the D are interchangeable.. I think he makes the team right now. Button had him at 8 this morning on his draft ranking. Seems low.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022

Another one today against Austria on the EHT. He's getting PP time in training camp. We have 2 NHLer's coming (Hronek and Simek)... all the rest of the D are interchangeable.. I think he makes the team right now. Button had him at 8 this morning on his draft ranking. Seems low.

It is good to see him recover from his LBI and still maintain his pace. I don't really care about the rank, but the kid will definitely have a bright future. Wish he could meet a good coach in NHL.

Reactions: Nowotny

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Kari Jalonen selected Laine to play in 2016 WHC, he's not afraid to selected younger players aboard. Jiricek has a great chance to make it.
I agree. I’m almost sure he will make it to the WHC team - especially as Kari Jalonen is the coach. But of course also because he just simply is an excellent talent!

Reactions: SpitfireG

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Was during his injury. If Button sees him again he might go up but the u18s is gonna weigh the most for him

Reactions: Czechboy

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd consider him at #1 overall depending on the team, I think him, Cooley and Wright are the top 3. High on this player really gives me Adam Fox vibes at times. He's still recovering from injury I think he will be even better soon.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'd consider him at #1 overall depending on the team, I think him, Cooley and Wright are the top 3. High on this player really gives me Adam Fox vibes at times. He's still recovering from injury I think he will be even better soon.

Yeah there’s been talks of the Devils maybe moving the pick but if Jiricek’s there I’m running to the stage to pick him. If he’s not there I could consider moving it

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Devils should take either Jiricek or Nemec. Depending on who is available if they will use the pick. This would fill huge need for them.
Those two, and perhaps Slafkowsky?
NJD is one of the few teams that can look at Cooley and not be too interested. Even Wright, whereas the other three look to be just the thing for them.

Reactions: Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
NJD is one of the few teams that can look at Cooley and not be too interested. Even Wright, whereas the other three look to be just the thing for them.

I imagine Slaf's another but I can't imagine he ends up there. If it was me I'm taking Jiricek over him as well so there's no situation where Slaf would make sense since I imagine Slaf's gone first unless we were to get 2OA and in that case I'd be picking Jiricek

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I imagine Slaf's another but I can't imagine he ends up there. If it was me I'm taking Jiricek over him as well so there's no situation where Slaf would make sense since I imagine Slaf's gone first unless we were to get 2OA and in that case I'd be picking Jiricek

I don't think that's right. Jiricek was out in the middle part of the year so scouts left him aside, but since coming back he looks even better. Right now there is some inertia in the rankings but everyone is seeing how good he is and by the time the draft happens you will see him near the top of many lists. Maybe at #1 if he has a great performance at the World Championships.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If he has a good world's, and I think he will, I think he goes top 3. Does anyone know if Nemec is playing for Slovakia at world's? Any other guys in draft playing at world's?

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
If he has a good world's, and I think he will, I think he goes top 3. Does anyone know if Nemec is playing for Slovakia at world's? Any other guys in draft playing at world's?
Slafkovsky and Nemec are going to play at the WCH for sure. Furthermore, there is Sykora who has real shot to be there, as well. But he´s second-third rounder.

Reactions: Czechboy

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It will be very interesting to see how the draft shakes out . I can see the Devils trading their pick if Slafkovsky / Jiricek / Nemec are gone . Very likely that happens those three are gone by pick #5 unless teams go heavy on centres .

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Idk having two Jack Hughes-ish players on your team might be fun.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Yeah there’s been talks of the Devils maybe moving the pick but if Jiricek’s there I’m running to the stage to pick him. If he’s not there I could consider moving it
The Devils will need to win the lottery in order to pick him.

Won't be there if they don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad