RD Brandon Montour (2012 undrafted; 2014, 55th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
IMO played a safe game last night. Had 2 pims. and a shot on net and some PP time. You can see the offense in his game BIG TIME. Every time the puck was in Calgary's zone, you can see him waiting eagerly to get the puck on his stick or jump up for a back door pass. Almost seemed like he forced himself to stay back though and respect the NHL speed and not get caught. Looks like a hawk on the blueline circling and waiting for the puck haha

Played a smart safe game... has so much natural offense its sick. Cant wait to see him get more chances in the NHL and see what he does.

Really wouldn't doubt if he gets a PP goal or assist tonight VS Vancouver. Extremely smart player that skates real well

Going to be a special player

Yeah, I was pretty happy with his game. You could see he wanted the puck, like bad. Like you said, he looked like a predator circling his prey. That's a pretty good description. But he didn't force things, or leave his position in his desire to have it, and that was nice to see. It was a smart game from him.

He moves well(his skating is excellent, and might be second on the team to only Fowler, though Lindholm could give him a run for his money), made good decisions, and was just solid for his first NHL game. Considering he was playing with Fowler at even strength(except for a couple of D zone face-offs), and he wasn't getting easy match ups, I was impressed. I think the game was a bit fast for him, but he handled it well, and he'll get up to speed.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He's been a massive piece of Ducks this post season. He is an extremely good player. So far these playoffs he has averaged 20:17toi, 2:06PP toi, 1:26PK toi and also ...

7gp. 0g. 3a. +7. 11sog. 10blocks.

love seeing him playing a lot of PK time, didn't realize he was a good penalty killer aswell

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He's been a massive piece of Ducks this post season. He is an extremely good player. So far these playoffs he has averaged 20:17toi, 2:06PP toi, 1:26PK toi and also ...

7gp. 0g. 3a. +7. 11sog. 10blocks.

love seeing him playing a lot of PK time, didn't realize he was a good penalty killer aswell

Funny you would bring this thread up. I posted on our Jets board last night how impressed I am with him. I have not looked at the possession numbers but it seemed like Lindholm and Manson were really struggling with McDavid's speed in game 2 and Carlyle adapted by putting Montour with Lindholm last night for a stretch at least?

They got hemmed in their own end once for about 1:40 but past that I thought he looked quite good. Boat loads of skill and a tremendous skater.

Oct 18, 2011
Raised his game in the Edmonton series forced into top 4 duty. Rapid improvement from the first playoff game to game 11

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Raised his game in the Edmonton series forced into top 4 duty. Rapid improvement from the first playoff game to game 11

Im a massive fan and has taken his game to a new level this playoffs.

5 points in 11 playoff games and is a +9. also 22 shots on net and averaging over 20 mins per game and roughly averaging a min and a half on the PP and PK.

IMO he is really turning into a complete dman

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
This guy doesn't play like anyone else that I've seen. If he becomes an offensive catalyst and teams have a hard time containing him he may bring a new evolution to the position. He really free wheels out there and the forwards feed him on the rush then hold back. Is it his lacrosse mentality? If so i'd like to see more lacrosse players convert to hockey. There's a new dimension here that's hard to describe.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A lot of people in trade boards really tried to under sell on him, he has looked miles ahead of Theodore at the nhl level, and a lot of people said he was strictly offensive, but ive been super impressed with his defense.... very aggressive player in all 3 zones.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This guy doesn't play like anyone else that I've seen. If he becomes an offensive catalyst and teams have a hard time containing him he may bring a new evolution to the position. He really free wheels out there and the forwards feed him on the rush then hold back. Is it his lacrosse mentality? If so i'd like to see more lacrosse players convert to hockey. There's a new dimension here that's hard to describe.

He was a forward growing up, believe he didn't move back to D until he was in Junior B.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I hope all that trade talk about him just before deadline was just blowing smoke. There's no way Anaheim could seriously think about moving him.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

The Ducks forwards compliment him so well. They create a cycling havoc and draw the forwards in so Montour can wheel into the high slot uncontested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad