Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
More stories today. Working out on ice together:

Attachments

• IMG_3881.png
    IMG_3881.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 1

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Honestly, I think the comparables are too transparent for the deals not to get done. Like Seider isn't getting $9M and with Faber signing the deal he signed, he's not getting much less if any less than Faber. We're talking a range of 500-750k.

Raymond isn't going to blow Jarvis out of the water on his deal nor is he going to break much past Tim Stutzle who just recently signed. Also, he's not going to be behind Matty Beniers because he's just got so much more positive track record than Matty.

Honestly, they're going back and forth over a range of around 500-750k annually for both of the players on an 8 year deal.

Raymond's agent may want to push harder and say the cap is going up, but comparables are the name of the game.

My bet is that Seider 8x8.5 and Raymond 8x8.

Maybe you can convince them both to 8x8.25.

My bet is Yzerman will cut some years of from either deal. Don't know which one. But he is gonna leave some cap space for that Top4 RD in mind.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
I will laugh if the whole summer of fretting was for nothing and the contracts are done and will be signed when they arrive at Training Camp.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honestly, I think the comparables are too transparent for the deals not to get done. Like Seider isn't getting $9M and with Faber signing the deal he signed, he's not getting much less if any less than Faber. We're talking a range of 500-750k.

Raymond isn't going to blow Jarvis out of the water on his deal nor is he going to break much past Tim Stutzle who just recently signed. Also, he's not going to be behind Matty Beniers because he's just got so much more positive track record than Matty.

Honestly, they're going back and forth over a range of around 500-750k annually for both of the players on an 8 year deal.

Raymond's agent may want to push harder and say the cap is going up, but comparables are the name of the game.

My bet is that Seider 8x8.5 and Raymond 8x8.

Maybe you can convince them both to 8x8.25.

I actually think it isn't money, but term that is the holdup. The team maybe wants 5-8 and the players want 3-5 or vice versa for years. I don't think there would be this much wait over relatively small money amounts. Only rumour out there is that Raymond wants short in the 3-5 range although the credibility of that rumour is definitely up for debate.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
I will laugh if the whole summer of fretting was for nothing and the contracts are done and will be signed when they arrive at Training Camp.
I'll laugh equally as hard when nothing happens and people start wondering what Yzerman and staff have done all summer.

Reactions: lilidk

Floschar

Mar 10, 2003
The currently unsigned NHL players Moritz Seider and Lucas Raymond have been training with the Mannheim Eagles this week. The Eagles will play two test games in Biel on Friday and in Langanu on Saturday.
Screenshot_20240905_190337_Brave.jpg

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Ah classic posturing from the agent... not really any benefit to saying they are close and a deal is imminent if they tend to further negotiate term/salary.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ah classic posturing from the agent... not really any benefit to saying they are close and a deal is imminent if they tend to further negotiate term/salary.
And that's not even saying they aren't close. Just that they haven't reached an agreement yet.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
And that's not even saying they aren't close. Just that they haven't reached an agreement yet.
Yeah...his comments have to be highly understood by translation. So saying they are not equal just means Raymond doesn't have a signed contract. Any speculation of offers has no context as well. Maybe they offered 3 different deals. One at 3 years/4-5M AAV, another at 5 years and another at 8 years. Zero context at all for any of this other than some reporter wondering why Seider and Raymond are in Mannheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad