Speculation: Raymond Seider Contract Speculation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Where and when this picture was taken? I know Raymond just posted it on Instagram. Hope this picture was taken in Detroit before meeting with Yzerman
If my research is correct, Heidelberg is a bar in Ann Arbor where you can drink beer out of a glass boot.

Seems like a good place for a celebratory drink after signing some new deals

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Draisitl not even the best player on his team, but he is expected to be NHL highest paid player. Longer Yzerman wait , more he will going to pay .

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I am horrible at these screen grabs and links but Mo is getting fitting for some nice suits. He's spending that sign in bonus. He also has a photo with he, his gf and Raymond. What does it mean? Heck, if I know. LOL (I am not worried about either being signed.)

View attachment 904721

MO’s story has some partying in the bottom corner for added context:

Attachments

• IMG_3880.png
    IMG_3880.png
    1 MB · Views: 3

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Apparently the lady, Anna Seidel, is a 3x Olympian short-track Speed Skater. Teach the boys how to get a little extra pop.

• Love
Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Don't believe a second for this bullshit. It's same money paid, just at different time. Players could not be interested about, but owners could care less.

It's just better for the owner side that they can pay on the years, when the revenues could be much higher, like 40-50%. After 9 years, we are on that kind of situation.

Why would Seider or Raymond agree to these deferred deals?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
10x10 to Seider and 9x8.5 to Raymond

Maatta for 4th round pick will give Yzerman extra 3 mil to work with

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Thats a lot for both. Especially Raymond. I need one more year of similar production first. And that trade weakens an already mediocre D core...

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If I told you I'll give you 60m over 8 years or 70 over 9 which would you take?
Where is the money getting deferred from? Jarvis is pushing over $15M, from 3 different years beyond the 8th year to bring his AAV down only about $400K. It's not as simple as "the deferred money doesn't count" like Henkka tried to play it off up thread.

In order to get the biggest AAV savings, the deferred money needs to come from earlier in the contract as that creates the biggest difference in present vs future value. That runs counter to nearly every player wanting as much money up front as possible. Jarvis is a weird kid, and he's fine with it I guess, but you'd be hard pressed to talk to too many players into deferring $10M from their first two seasons like Jarvis did. Especially coming off an ELC.

I think deferments are going to become more common for "retirement" contracts. Doan's was setup to get like a quarter mil every year for 6 years after he retired.

Reactions: SirloinUB

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
If my research is correct, Heidelberg is a bar in Ann Arbor where you can drink beer out of a glass boot.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 110658.jpg

Or, you know, it's in Germany. Where Seider is from and spends his offseasons. I'm just using context clues, but the tailor posting entirely in German also makes me think he's probably there as well...

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
View attachment 904804

Or, you know, it's in Germany. Where Seider is from and spends his offseasons. I'm just using context clues, but the tailor posting entirely in German also makes me think he's probably there as well...
Maybe they were doing a tour of the Heidelberg project in Detroit while speaking German with Amon-Ra St. Brown to celebrate their new commitment to the city?

...no way to know for sure...

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

Or…yknow…the city in Germany…

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023

8 years is the max. You literally are not allowed to offer more than 8... and that is if they are your player. 7 years is the max to a UFA from another team.

Also, nothing supports Seider getting 10Mx8 and Raymond would have an uphill battle trying to get 8.5Mx8.

Reactions: lilidk

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
View attachment 904804

what self respecting Michigan bar DOESN'T have an in-house tailor that only speaks German?

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Where and when this picture was taken? I know Raymond just posted it on Instagram. Hope this picture was taken in Detroit before meeting with Yzerman

I have no idea but both of them posted it.

Location: I know this is offseason ribbing, but Mo is definitely in Germany. He has posted, or linted in his story updates from his workouts at K360 gym. I also can't say if those are recent or not. I am assuming he wold not post this stuff if it occurred in 23, but WTFK.... not me.

Reactions: lilidk

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
With both, Raymond and Seider, any rumours at all?? Is it $$$ or term that is holding things up? Could be both I guess.
Or are both almost ready to sign? Any news at all?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
With both, Raymond and Seider, any rumours at all?? Is it $$$ or term that is holding things up? Could be both I guess.
Or are both almost ready to sign? Any news at all?

Maybe that’s why Mo is getting the new suits?

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Honestly, I think the comparables are too transparent for the deals not to get done. Like Seider isn't getting $9M and with Faber signing the deal he signed, he's not getting much less if any less than Faber. We're talking a range of 500-750k.

Raymond isn't going to blow Jarvis out of the water on his deal nor is he going to break much past Tim Stutzle who just recently signed. Also, he's not going to be behind Matty Beniers because he's just got so much more positive track record than Matty.

Honestly, they're going back and forth over a range of around 500-750k annually for both of the players on an 8 year deal.

Raymond's agent may want to push harder and say the cap is going up, but comparables are the name of the game.

My bet is that Seider 8x8.5 and Raymond 8x8.

Maybe you can convince them both to 8x8.25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad