Ray Shero Hired By Lamorello To Replace Himself As GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Can't wait to dump Kunitz and Scuderi off to NJ this summer.

Poor Devils fans, dude. Ray Shero is not the guy I'd want in charge of a rebuild. Good lord.

penguins2946*

Do we get any sort of compensation for this? I'm not too familiar with the rule. What was shero's contract like when he got fired?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
If Ray Shero makes a Scuds trade with Rutherford, he'll somehow wrangle Deryk Pouliot in as a throw-in.

If I'm Lemieux, I'm removing Ray's number from JR's rolodex.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Can't wait to see what kind of magic Ray (and hopefully Bylsma) can work on a team after not being gifted Sid, Geno, Staal and Fleury.

penguins2946*

I'm guessing Shero was only under contract for the 14-15 season, so the Pens couldn't get compensation for him unless he was hired before the end of the season. I know Bylsma's contract ran out after this year, I'm guessing Shero's did as well.

For there to be no compensation can only mean the Pens did not demand it.

Typical...

Uh not really. If Shero wasn't under contract for the 15-16 season, they couldn't get any compensation for him.

Edit: disregard this, he was under contract for 15-16. I guess the Pens just picked to be off the hook from his contract.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Basically the pens get to choose 1 - 3rd round pick or 2 - Completely off the hook of the shero contract.

They chose the money

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
So far my favorite tweet was a Devils fan who can't wait to see Shero fix their forward problems...

They are gonna love them so PMD's in Jersey.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
No compensation is a bummer, which means if Bylsma gets a job there will be no compensation there also.

Oh well, maybe we'll make trades for picks, maybe we'll trade our remaining picks for a top 6 forward? Who knows.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Can't wait to dump Kunitz and Scuderi off to NJ this summer.

Poor Devils fans, dude. Ray Shero is not the guy I'd want in charge of a rebuild. Good lord.

He was hired by the Penguins in 2006...

Anyway, good looks to the Penguins organization by allowing the Devils to pursue Shero. This is a breath of fresh air that was desperately needed in NJ.

So far my favorite tweet was a Devils fan who can't wait to see Shero fix their forward problems...

They are gonna love them so PMD's in Jersey.

:laugh: You should go check out the Devils board circa 2010. We rioted when Martin signed with the Pens.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
No compensation is a bummer, which means if Bylsma gets a job there will be no compensation there also.

Oh well, maybe we'll make trades for picks, maybe we'll trade our remaining picks for a top 6 forward? Who knows.

My off the wall, tinfoil hat theory is that we chose to be free of Shero's contract (and likely Bylsma's if he signs somewhere) and we're gonna make a run at Babcock.

Just kidding, this organization's run by schmucks. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad