GDT: All things Baseball

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I am toying with going to Omaha for the weekend. It's been on my sports bucket list and what greater time. Have fam in Kansas City so I can see them, too. The prices are surprisingly not too bad..around $40 for the day games and $80 for the evening.

It's the uncertainty of the schedule that's holding me back. I don't think they will announce dates and times until GA/NCSU concludes. I am hoping for Fri/Sun for the Heels. I am going to Ireland for vacay next week so that's a lot of plane time in a short window and my tolerance is low already lately.
Sound like a great few weeks ahead.

I also hated the USA-Europe flights as you never sleep and time zone shock hits as well. I never could sleep and back in the day when I started flying smoking was allowed (which made for a miserable experience if you were near the smoking row). In 1969 as a young teenager, I visited Ireland & was amazed re: how green it was. Fun visit but never have been back.

Re: baseball—Heels seem to have a special team so going could be rewarding/worth the trip; plus, the Hoos are a good team so should be a great first game.

FWIW: People say Omaha is a great host city & Tournament is well run.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I am toying with going to Omaha for the weekend. It's been on my sports bucket list and what greater time. Have fam in Kansas City so I can see them, too. The prices are surprisingly not too bad..around $40 for the day games and $80 for the evening.

It's the uncertainty of the schedule that's holding me back. I don't think they will announce dates and times until GA/NCSU concludes. I am hoping for Fri/Sun for the Heels. I am going to Ireland for vacay next week so that's a lot of plane time in a short window and my tolerance is low already lately.
2pm Friday.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
As a VT fan I'm a little bitter that we were left out of the tournament given we only stumbled a bit in ACC play and it appears the conference was more stacked than we could have imagined.

Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it while watching the Phils

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
As a VT fan I'm a little bitter that we were left out of the tournament given we only stumbled a bit in ACC play and it appears the conference was more stacked than we could have imagined.

Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it while watching the Phils

Seems like Duke winning the ACC threw a wrench into things.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

Thank you, Mr. Honeycutt. Go Heels!

diamond heels.PNG

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
It's a fun ride but no telling how things will proceed. Hope it's not another SEC crown. The DiamondHeels are heartbreakers, at times, much like the Canes.

In 2006, on the cusp of a national championship, I had outpatient surgery earlier in the day and was watching game 2 of the CWS - Heels vs Oregon St. I had a complication but remember going to anesthesia dreamland thinking I'd wake to highlights of a championship..what followed was definitely back to back bad dreams. Such a bummer for the boys..fun teams though.

Last edited:

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've never been myself but I have friends who went one year. Apparently Omaha is a really neat town and does a good job hosting the CWS. Seems like a bucket list.

I imagine they have really good steakhouses there. 😋

Reactions: hblueridgegal

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Well that was a spanking of the Heels..TN too good and too big as expected. The .111 tournament batting avg. didn't help either...what is it about my love for teams that can't score?

Glad Vance had his moment..get that $$$. On to Tuesday.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Florida State is playing good ball right now but they have to beat Tennessee twice.

Looking like Texas A&M in the other bracket, two underachieving SEC Football schools on a collision course for a baseball championship.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
4 ACC teams enter only 1 remains and FSU has to win twice to stay in. SEC dominance continues in the CWS.

SEC dominance is strong in the WCWS too. Getting ready to put a stranglehold on that with addition of OU and UT

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad