Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 5

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Vince: How do we top (the clusterf*€@ that was ) undertaker vs. Goldberg?

Dunn (probably): umm we can’t use Goldberg he’s not a good wrestler

Vince: you know who’s a great wrestler Sting; by god let’s do it

Fans: we don’t want to see a 60 year old sting vs a 54 year old taker

Vince: taker vs. Sting my gawd.....

Also I wonder how much the saudis are paying to see this match. It’s going to be a really bad match and I legit feel someone might get injured really badly

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vince: How do we top (the clusterf*€@ that was ) undertaker vs. Goldberg?

Dunn (probably): umm we can’t use Goldberg he’s not a good wrestler

Vince: you know who’s a great wrestler Sting; by god let’s do it

Fans: we don’t want to see a 60 year old sting vs a 54 year old taker

Vince: taker vs. Sting my gawd.....

Also I wonder how much the saudis are paying to see this match. It’s going to be a really bad match and I legit feel someone might get injured really badly
To a lot of people it’s still a dream match/guilty pleasure thing. I don’t remember anyone ever clamouring for Goldberg vs. Undertaker.

Sting and Taker work styles even in their primes that would protect them anyways. I wouldn’t expect anything catastrophic injury wise. It’ll be a garbage match if it’s anything more than a 5-minute spectacle.

Ironically enough, a 5-minute spectacle between those two would probably fare better in North America with a white hot crowd.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
To a lot of people it’s still a dream match/guilty pleasure thing. I don’t remember anyone ever clamouring for Goldberg vs. Undertaker.

Sting and Taker work styles even in their primes that would protect them anyways. I wouldn’t expect anything catastrophic injury wise. It’ll be a garbage match if it’s anything more than a 5-minute spectacle.

Ironically enough, a 5-minute spectacle between those two would probably fare better in North America with a white hot crowd.

5 minute spectacle?

Taker's entrance would be longer than the match.

Probably for the best, anyway.

Reactions: xtra

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
5 minute spectacle?

Taker's entrance would be longer than the match.

Probably for the best, anyway.
No matter what we think on the internet, most people still get up for Taker’s entrance. I’ve never experienced it live and it’s still something I would love to experience.

His wrestling sucks now and he can hardly move, which is why I think a 5-minute spectacle with Sting in front of a white hot North American crowd would actually do relatively well. The crowd noise would make up for the lack of action, and all they’d have to do is exchange strikes and get in their signature spots before the finish.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
No matter what we think on the internet, most people still get up for Taker’s entrance. I’ve never experienced it live and it’s still something I would love to experience.

His wrestling sucks now and he can hardly move, which is why I think a 5-minute spectacle with Sting in front of a white hot North American crowd would actually do relatively well. The crowd noise would make up for the lack of action, and all they’d have to do is exchange strikes and get in their signature spots before the finish.

What signature spots?

I can only hope Taker's smart enough to avoid attempting the "old school" trick he used to do.

Also not sure if Sting is going to trust Taker enough to tombstone him safely and without breaking his neck.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What signature spots?

I can only hope Taker's smart enough to avoid attempting the "old school" trick he used to do.

Also not sure if Sting is going to trust Taker enough to tombstone him safely and without breaking his neck.

If I'm Sting, I am only doing the match if Taker's finish is limited to a chokeslam. MAYBE a Last Ride.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're not trying to do Undertaker vs. Sting, it's just a bunch of A/V interns keeping themselves busy

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I sure as hell hope so but this is Vince we’re talking about

Sting has to be cleared and he was told he won't be cleared and has never tried to get cleared. The neck injury he had in the match vs. Seth was very serious. He's also 60. He's done.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Sting has to be cleared and he was told he won't be cleared and has never tried to get cleared. The neck injury he had in the match vs. Seth was very serious. He's also 60. He's done.
“I feel normal. But the doctor says my neck is messed up, bad! So (if I take) one more bad fall, and maybe [gestures a baseball swing] done! Neck down nothing (will function) or (I may) die.” - Sting

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
“I feel normal. But the doctor says my neck is messed up, bad! So (if I take) one more bad fall, and maybe [gestures a baseball swing] done! Neck down nothing (will function) or (I may) die.” - Sting

But the Saudi payday is worth it.

:sarcasm:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Stupid buckle bomb. Although the neck thing may have been inevitable.

Still the Rock and Hogan proved you can work a safe match that fans can still get into even if it’s not a wrestling masterpiece.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

Didn’t know that

I’m all about the Undertaker but can imagine him dying during the middle of a match

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why does Sting keep saying he can be cleared / has one last match in him but is saving it for Taker? Lol

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why does Sting keep saying he can be cleared / has one last match in him but is saving it for Taker? Lol

It's not uncommon for people with his life experience, monetary resources, and ego to think they can make whatever they want happen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
According to Meltzer, Taker vs McIntyre isn’t finalized and Taker may not appear at SummerSlam at all

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
From the Observer:

WWE is advertising Undertaker vs. McIntyre for SummerSlam on 8/11 in the Toronto market. We’re told that is typical local market advertising and that is not the actual plan right now for the show. But in pushing Undertaker so hard, that would seem to indicate he’ll be featured on the show, which makes sense. If Undertaker was only working one summer event, it would be SummerSlam, so him coming back for Extreme Rules only made sense to set the table for a big SummerSlam match. The problem is that given the Extreme Rules match, the big match being built would seem to be against either McIntyre or Shane, unless somebody new (Wyatt?) gets involved in the Extreme Rules match

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
From the Observer:

WWE is advertising Undertaker vs. McIntyre for SummerSlam on 8/11 in the Toronto market. We’re told that is typical local market advertising and that is not the actual plan right now for the show. But in pushing Undertaker so hard, that would seem to indicate he’ll be featured on the show, which makes sense. If Undertaker was only working one summer event, it would be SummerSlam, so him coming back for Extreme Rules only made sense to set the table for a big SummerSlam match. The problem is that given the Extreme Rules match, the big match being built would seem to be against either McIntyre or Shane, unless somebody new (Wyatt?) gets involved in the Extreme Rules match

That's what I mentioned the other day. The fiend blowing up the main event. Bray gets his win back at Summerslam and "retires" The Undertaker.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bray Wyatt's first match back is expected to happen at Summerslam, however there is no word yet on when his first actual appearance will be.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The company is so stupid. They need Bray soon... Firefly Fun House had so much momentum.

I’m hoping he shows up tonight and kills people. I’ve also been hoping he shows up for the last 9 months.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The company is so stupid. They need Bray soon... Firefly Fun House had so much momentum.

I’m hoping he shows up tonight and kills people. I’ve also been hoping he shows up for the last 9 months.

Coming close to a year now since he last worked a televised match, I think.

I mean, sure, part of this long hiatus was due to JoJo having a kid and all, but......goddamn. Just get him back on screen already. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad