WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But there's no rope breaks. They use ropes to break up a submission hold, but they've made it clear that the one aplying the hold can do it longer, thus causing more "damage".

---------------------------------------------

According to Fightful Select, there are no supernatural elements planned for the Wyatt Sicks.
It doesn’t matter, you eventually have to break because the match can’t end.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only reason they break the hold is because the opponent uses the ropes to achieve that, not because the ref tells them to.
Yes, because the opponent presumably knows that the match still can’t end in the ropes.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
But there's no rope breaks. They use ropes to break up a submission hold, but they've made it clear that the one aplying the hold can do it longer, thus causing more "damage".

---------------------------------------------

According to Fightful Select, there are no supernatural elements planned for the Wyatt Sicks.
There are rope breaks if a guys legs are on the ropes during a pin or under the ropes. Thus. Rope break.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Yes, in normal matches. We were talking about No DQ matches.

Pretty sure they're talking about pinning dude.

No, a rope break doesn't require a submission release because they can't be DQ'ed. But you can't pin a guy if his leg is on or under the rope in a No DQ. Maybe Falls Count Anywhere? Dunno, never really seen that scenario.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pretty sure they're talking about pinning dude.

No, a rope break doesn't require a submission release because they can't be DQ'ed. But you can't pin a guy if his leg is on or under the rope in a No DQ. Maybe Falls Count Anywhere? Dunno, never really seen that scenario.
No, GKJ and I were talking about No DQ matches.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Neither of us were talking about pinfalls in No DQ matches but rope breaks.
But a pinfall when a foot is on the rope or under a rope even in a No DQ match considered a rope break, at least what I remember. I've seen refs count to 5 in No DQ matches. I think it was a Jericho match. He had him in the walls and the ref was counting for him to break the hold, lol.

At least I think it was Jericho. I definitely remember thinking "Wait, what?"

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But a pinfall when a foot is on the rope or under a rope even in a No DQ match considered a rope break, at least what I remember. I've seen refs count to 5 in No DQ matches. I think it was a Jericho match. He had him in the walls and the ref was counting for him to break the hold, lol.

At least I think it was Jericho. I definitely remember thinking "Wait, what?"
That was a ref/continuity error.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
i remember a match where Cole was like 'there are no rope breaks in a no DQ match' only to have Kevin Owens (?) get a rope break.

then they played it off as if the ref just made a mistake

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
tvv-eIvdEnj-heMDMVLC-XbHRiDWuLNTEh4ot1MsSKHQ0YPGFAlyfKUJIoMpGqxBMxGYngdlVvrdCRM=s1024-rw-nd-v1

• Love
Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad