WWE: Raw and Smackdown Part 4 - The Paul Levesque Era

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
mhmm god help us i will be tuning into raw alot less with gunthor as the champions i just cant with him any time he speaks he puts me to sleep lol. if hes in a match then sure its wonderful but give the dude a mic and zzzzz
I agree...Gunther in ring, very good...Gunther on mic...very meh...to me

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
mhmm god help us i will be tuning into raw alot less with gunthor as the champions i just cant with him any time he speaks he puts me to sleep lol. if hes in a match then sure its wonderful but give the dude a mic and zzzzz

Fact is, Gunther's promo work isn't main event level. It's just not. In the ring, he's Top 5 in the business for me. But he's not the complete package because of his promo skills. No one wants to hear him speak.

I'll also say this. I have no desire to watch Gunther do a repeat of his IC title run as a long-term dominant hoss heel champion, except this time carrying a different belt. We've been watching that show now for over 2+ years.

If his promo work doesn't improve, then his character needs to change to get to the next level. Instead of a dominant monster heel, I'd like to see more of an ass-kicking anti-hero babyface. I think his monster heel character has run its course quite frankly.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's absolutely hilarious watching Bron run around the ring vs Braun, one is insanely athletic and fast. The other feels like the benny hill theme song should be playing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's absolutely hilarious watching Bron run around the ring vs Braun, one is insanely athletic and fast. The other feels like the benny hill theme song should be playing.
To be fair, Braun had major knee surgery recently and his running looks exactly like after one. It's obvious he can't no longer run fast so they's should stop doing that spot (to spare his knees too).

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To be fair, Braun had major knee surgery recently and his running looks exactly like after one. It's obvious he can't no longer run fast so they's should stop doing that spot (to spare his knees too).
No doubt, but it looks so comical.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know what use they’d have for TNA if it was their property other than the library, which they did try to get.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It could be a minor league / development system for NXT
Or European football league type partnership, where players are loaned between leagues. Maybe they can loan talent for x amount of time, with the talent's approval of course. E.g. NXT loans Joe Hendry from TNA for a certain time period, in exchange TNA gets Talent A from NXT for a certain amount of time.

Reactions: BruinDust

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
There just isn’t a purpose to a second development territory when NXT is producing its own talent from scratch.
From scratch? NXT has had a fair share of talent that has already had a few years of development including their current champion.

I like the idea of a AA-level promotion. Purely new talent, just a step up from the performance center. That said, TNA would be an odd choice to plant that flag. Not sure how that'd shake out.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
From scratch? NXT has had a fair share of talent that has already had a few years of development including their current champion.

I like the idea of a AA-level promotion. Purely new talent, just a step up from the performance center. That said, TNA would be an odd choice to plant that flag. Not sure how that'd shake out.
They have a lot who they are putting out with no experience as well. Their current champion just spent 3 years competing against them.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
There just isn’t a purpose to a second development territory when NXT is producing its own talent from scratch.

It's just another platform for performers to work, get exposure, get better. It doesn't have to be above or below NXT, it allows WWE to benefit from a partnership with a long-term brand and platform that has global distribution without having to foot the entire bill to operate it.

The days of WWE trying to crush their competition are over. They don't view TNA as a threat says Booker T, so they see a potential of mutually beneficial partnership. A rising tide floats all boats. The bigger pro wrestling is, the better it is for WWE overall.
From Jericho the other day talking about performers outside AEW.

We’re all in the business, we’re all making money, and all building pro wrestling as a whole.

The Monday Night Wars are over. Vince is gone. The only competition in pro wrestling today is within Tony Khan's head.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's just another platform for performers to work, get exposure, get better. It doesn't have to be above or below NXT, it allows WWE to benefit from a partnership with a long-term brand and platform that has global distribution without having to foot the entire bill to operate it.

The days of WWE trying to crush their competition are over. They don't view TNA as a threat says Booker T, so they see a potential of mutually beneficial partnership. A rising tide floats all boats. The bigger pro wrestling is, the better it is for WWE overall.
From Jericho the other day talking about performers outside AEW.

We’re all in the business, we’re all making money, and all building pro wrestling as a whole.

The Monday Night Wars are over. Vince is gone. The only competition in pro wrestling today is within Tony Khan's head.
Working with TNA is different from buying them though.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Working with TNA is different from buying them though.

Totally. I don't see any point for WWE to outright buy TNA unless TNA is about to become insolvent and forced to close the doors, thus losing the platform and distribution. Like you said, they don't need a 2nd developmental promotion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad