Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
My one basic prediction:

Terry Silver kidnapped Kumiko, as he researched who Chozen was in season 5. Daniel gets injured by Silver, so now Chozen fights to the death for Kumiko and thus wins her affection.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
At what point do students see "Way of the fist" and "No mercy" for they are: Sociopathic crap. It felt authentic in the OG Karate Kid, with Kreese working out his personal traumas on a bunch of kids looking for identity. But here we are, 40 years later, with modern teens still willing to follow this warped old man on his cultish Kamakaze trip to self-destruction. Worse, it's not just Kreese's sick mind that conjured this up. "No mercy" is the guiding philosophy of an ancient Japanese dojo, with a Sensei who mentored Kreese and has been churning out generations of psychopaths. Seriously? Aside from the obvious question of why parents would pay a school to transform their kids into monsters, Cobra Kai represents the opposite of any legit Karate teaching.

It sounds like I just tuned into Cobra Kai for the first time and am shocked. Not quite. I've watched every single episode and really enjoyed the reboot. Until now. I've finally had enough of the "No mercy" boogeyman being used as the bad-guy. Kreese is a lost cause, a homeless war vet with nothing left but hate. He's an interesting character. However, his bizarre influence over others is ridiculous. Having a bad day? Somebody piss you off? Don't bother working out your problems! Instead, let a delusional criminal instruct you on the Way Of Alienating Everyone In Your Life and set you on the path to a criminal record.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
My one basic prediction:

Terry Silver kidnapped Kumiko, as he researched who Chozen was in season 5. Daniel gets injured by Silver, so now Chozen fights to the death for Kumiko and thus wins her affection.
Interesting theory! He'd have to get out of jail first. And he'd also have to know that Chozen has feelings for Kumiko. I'm not sure how he would know Kumiko's connection to Chozen, but he's a very resourceful guy, so you never know.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
This release schedule for the last season is trash
I don't know why they're releasing it this way, after binging 5 episodes of part 1 I have to wait until November to see the conclusion. That amount of time will make viewers forget much of the story and could cause many to lose interest, this was a mistake on Netflix's part.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't know why they're releasing it this way, after binging 5 episodes of part 1 I have to wait until November to see the conclusion. That amount of time will make viewers forget much of the story and could cause many to lose interest, this was a mistake on Netflix's part.

Worse than that. 15 episodes for the final season. Next 5 in November. And final 5 in 2025!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

What don't you understand? It seems pretty self explanatory. Someone was bemoaning that only 5 episodes of the final season had been released and we have to wait until November for the final 5. I corrected them in actually stating there are 15 episodes in the final season which will be released in 3 batches. The last one, which is the conclusion, not released until 2025.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What don't you understand? It seems pretty self explanatory. Someone was bemoaning that only 5 episodes of the final season had been released and we have to wait until November for the final 5. I corrected them in actually stating there are 15 episodes in the final season which will be released in 3 batches. The last one, which is the conclusion, not released until 2025.

Not what that I didn't understand you, what that they did that. Just baffling.

Reactions: I am not exposed

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Just finished the first 5 episodes. Could see Tory's heel turn from a mile away, but the way they did it was sloppy writing.

And I don't know the rules of the Sekai Taikai, but how could they let a white girl who had never step foot inside Korea represent the Korean team?

Does Kyler really need a redemption arc? The guy's a minor character and a dick.

Reactions: Lt Dan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, they're pretty much grasping for storylines at this point.

What really stood out to me was how all of the high school kids look like they're pushing 35. And they keep introducing antagonists who are cartoonishly evil for evil's sake. And Kreese never goes away.

I like how Johnny seems more mature and developed than Daniel, who continues to eff everything up by being inflexibly idealistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00