Value of: Rasmus Andersson to Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The guy keeps trying to pawn Laf to the Habs Laf in a Rasmus thread and thinks he offering a fair return which he isn't.
The guy did not violate as to hijacking b'c he properly explained how extensive MON D depth, even after addressing a need to add a scorer like LaF + top F prospect Gabe P were undertaken, could still competitively bid on Ras andy.

The guy also has a track record of saying things some fan bases dismiss early on, then later regret not considering.
For example: suggested Oil should deal for packages w/likes of Buchnevich, Georgiev etc.; these not well received initially but now we see he was right, Oil would have been better making those deals, as would also nyr.

but do go on and you be you....

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The guy did not violate as to hijacking b'c he properly explained how extensive MON D depth, even after addressing a need to add a scorer like LaF + top F prospect Gabe P were undertaken, could still competitively bid on Ras andy.

The guy also has a track record of saying things some fan bases dismiss early on, then later regret not considering.
For example: suggested Oil should deal for packages w/likes of Buchnevich, Georgiev etc.; these not well received initially but now we see he was right, Oil would have been better making those deals, as would also nyr.

but do go on and you be you....
Montreal doesn’t have a need for scoring F after adding Laine, Demidov and Hage this summer.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't really see how Andersson fits what Montreal's trying to do. Good player, but Montreal has generally focused on players who are younger with more uncertainty or a Laine type deal where the risk is short term cap more than assets moved.

LHD
Gritty bottom-pairing TDL bait
Questionable rookie
Waiver fodder

Aiming for yet another top-5 pick?

Lets be real, Montreal's more "aiming for yet another top-5 pick" than they are "trading for a 27 yr old 2-3 D who will be UFA in a couple of years". Pierre Dorion isn't Montreal's GM.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Anderson is way better suited for a team that will for sure make the playoffs and do some damage with the goal of at least the Conf Finals. That's not Montreal.

But, with that said, Montreal probably has to go obtain another veteran Dman next off-season to replace Savard when he his UFA or is dealt at the TDL.

Not sure how many of Reinbacher, Mailloux, Hutson will make the NHL this season as after the trio of Matheson, Savard, Guhle, is a combo of X, Struble, and Barron that need to play well enough this season for the team to play them with one of the other 2 next season or by chance, one of them is good enough to be paired with a raw NHL rookie (realistically this would probably fall on Matheson and Guhle next season).

Reactions: jfhabs

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Pretty sure Hughes is going to wanna know what he has on the backend before deciding on the one or two he’s going to add in the next couple of years. He’s gonna have to replace Savard over the next year, but the timing likely won’t fit with Calgary moving Andersson.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
No he isn't but Habs can use another forward capable on a scoring line to help this year.
“there is no way to know if Laine will be anything. Does he care more about Fortnite than hockey? Who knows? Will he take a year to get over his injury? I am doubtful HuGo trades a 1st for magic beans.”

Amazing how much better Laine has gotten since getting traded to the Habs.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
there is no way to know if Laine will be anything. Does he care more about Fortnite than hockey? Who knows? Will he take a year to get over his injury? I am doubtful HuGo trades a 1st for magic beans.”

Amazing how much better Laine has gotten since getting traded to the Habs.
We got paid a 2nd to take on his contract. We’re far from the bolded ain’t we?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
we'll see
I was never impressed w/Laine = 1 dimensional shooter at best, way overrated
I didn't watch Columbus the past few years because they aren't very good, did you?

Advanced stats shows that Laine is more than that and makes his linemates produce more. Looking at his highlights, I can see it too.

The issue with Laine is more that he doesn't brings it every game more than being one dimensional. That's what Jean-Luc Grand Pierre was saying recently in an interview.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I didn't watch Columbus the past few years because they aren't very good, did you?

Advanced stats shows that Laine is more than that and makes his linemates produce more. Looking at his highlights, I can see it too.

The issue with Laine is more that he doesn't brings it every game more than being one dimensional. That's what Jean-Luc Grand Pierre was saying recently in an interview.
Only saw CBJ when they played NYR, plus another coupla games here/there.

My opinion, based on eye test, remains unchanged.
Superior shot.
Not seeing anything else so far.
Howev, as I've noted several times, chemistry is a real thing.

He may have untapped potential w/Habs
Ryan Strome was meh to average, had crazy chemistry w/bread

You don't know
until you do

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Habs don't need Rasmus at all.
Look at Habs RD this year.

Guhle
Savard
Mailloux
Barron
Friggin Barron haha
at least put Reinbacher in front of him haha.

I find it interesting that the habs let go of kovacevic - i assume they anticipate Mailloux making the lineup, but unless they wish to use Guhle on his offside again this season, Savard, Mailloux and friggin Barron looks weak to me.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty sure Hughes is going to wanna know what he has on the backend before deciding on the one or two he’s going to add in the next couple of years. He’s gonna have to replace Savard over the next year, but the timing likely won’t fit with Calgary moving Andersson.

Yeah, this Andersson talk to Montreal is a reach. I just don't see this as a move Hughes would make at this point of time.

Reactions: viceroy and Gaud

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
R
Friggin Barron haha
at least put Reinbacher in front of him haha.

I find it interesting that the habs let go of kovacevic - i assume they anticipate Mailloux making the lineup, but unless they wish to use Guhle on his offside again this season, Savard, Mailloux and friggin Barron looks weak to me.
Reinbacher is not making this year that's why he's not there.

Guhle
Savard
Mailloux
Barron

Is a great start.
Then Reinbacher is be there next year and Savard will be gone.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
R

Guhle
Savard
Mailloux
Barron

Is a great start.
The games (2) I saw in Laval last year would suggest he does make the team over Mailloux. He was better than him in all facets of the game and that’s not a knock on Mailloux. Reinbacher was just on another level

Gaud

May 11, 2017
R

Guhle
Savard
Mailloux
Barron

Is a great start.
Doesnt look great to me because Guhle is on his off side. I also think Reinbacher is better than Barron already, so there is a possibility of Reinbacher making it in.

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad