Value of: Rasmus Andersson to Montreal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Around 10 million it's 2 firsts, a 2nd and 3rd. But they be late picks in draft by '26. Oilers can't match. Drai up end of this season, McDavid the next.
They'd match that quite easily.

And looking at the Seth Jarvis contract, don't be surprised if the Oilers manage to get all three of those big fish locked up to less offensive cap numbers than people expect using the same method.

Bouchard has no reason to leave Edmonton, who actually is a Cup contender for a rebuilding Montreal where his game suffers from the immediate downgrade of top end talent.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
you misquote me.
I said LaF > Rein, Gabe P + Guhle close, currently Guhle a bit more, and Barron-Lindgren close. The deal is not a huge win for either side. It is a ballpark = deal, but b'c both sides address weakness from depth, it is a rare win win.

As to why LaF = why moved if so damn good, answer, b'c Rs need to gamble Othmann + others can step up so we need to repurpose LaF high value into quality D add.
That is why the deal is proposed
Sorry Bern but you seem to be operating under the misconception that Montreal are weak on the wings , they aren't . Currently they have Caufield , Slafkovsky , laine and Roy with Demidov on the way for the top six plus a bevy of young players to fill out the bottom six . Thanks for the concern though , much appreciated .

Reactions: viceroy

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Moving Mailloux and a first for Andersson IMO would be a huge mistake.

as a base but anyway didnt realize the RD pool on the Flames, i guess they would prefer another position, but c'mon mister, Andersson is a #1 RD, who could be available, its not everyday we see that kind of asset available

Guhle Andersson
Hutson Reinbacher

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sorry Bern but you seem to be operating under the misconception that Montreal are weak on the wings , they aren't . Currently they have Caufield , Slafkovsky , laine and Roy with Demidov on the way for the top six plus a bevy of young players to fill out the bottom six . Thanks for the concern though , much appreciated .
thanks for the update
Cauf-meister, sure.
not counting Dem yet b'c he's not there yet
and I was under impression Slaf was at pivot

yes, if Jaine + Roy are signif, that would be a dif maker
tho given extent of D surplus, not sure you could not use LaF/Gabe P

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
No way habs give up what it would take to get him. The main reason is because of his contract. If he had 6 years left at 6.5 then sure, but he is a top 10-15 RHD who is way underpaid. He will be looking for 10m + on his next contract in 2 years which just doesn't fit our cap structure.

Habs best offer would be the CGY 1st back, which depending on how FLA is doing might be better than theyd get at next years deadline. Many teams who want to throw 80m at him would beat that though no doubt.

Kudos to the guy that has us giving up Guhle, Reinbacker, Barron , Mailloux, and 3 firsts though. epic troll job, thanks for making the 4 2cnds coming back unprotected lmao

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

as a base but anyway didnt realize the RD pool on the Flames, i guess they would prefer another position, but c'mon mister, Andersson is a #1 RD, who could be available, its not everyday we see that kind of asset available

Guhle Andersson
Hutson Reinbacher
Yeah Calgary's RD prospect depth went from non-existent last year to arguably best in the league. It's now similar to when LA had Clarke, Spence, and Faber all in their pool.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Not good trading partners. Habs aren’t at the point in their rebuild to be surrendering multiple 1st-or-adjacent type assets. Not to say they don’t have the pieces to make a deal.

Andersson (with retention) to a contender is the best way for the Flames to maximize value. I do think he will go by the TDL.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
fun one.

Andsersson for Savard (TDL value) + Anderson (2026 TDL value/cap dump negative value) + Mailloux + Beck + 2025 1st (top 2 protection)+ Mesar + 2nd.

This is a trade the Flames have to win to make. Otherwise there is no incentive to make it.

Savard brings back at least a 2nd in 2025 when he’s traded at the deadline.
Whoa steep. I think that's an overpayment, but I am sure they will get one in the end, especially if it is at the TDL.

Taking this deal would feel like impatient move that could undo the rebuild.

I like Andersson, but not at that price. They let go of Kovacevic on the right at the TDL, which lead me to believe they were ready to give the spot to a youngster. I am betting they are planning on using Mailloux right this season, personally. With Barron and Savard being the other right handers, im thinking they might keep using Guhle on his off side. Barron is not consistent.

I also wonder if Rasmus will be past his prime by the time the core is firmly in theirs.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
If Andersson was available, there would be teams willing to part with a lot.

The starting point is the equivalent of a mid-1st, a 2nd and a prospect. There would be several teams willing to give that up for him so that's the minimum.

A team like the Leafs should give up Liljegren, a 1st, a 2nd and more for him so that's a guideline for a base.

Reactions: McJedi

Gaud

May 11, 2017
The joke is going to be whatever trade the Habs propose here. So go for it. Dazzle us
For comparison, Sergachev got defenseman J.J. Moser, forward Conor Geekie, a 7th-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft (No. 199) and a 2nd-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft.

Moser was a 2nd rounder, Geekie a 11th overall, a 2nd and a 7th. I am sure that taking on the cap hit fully also has value.

McJedi has Andsersson for Savard (TDL value) + Anderson (2026 TDL value/cap dump negative value) + Mailloux + Beck + 2025 1st (top 2 protection)+ Mesar + 2nd.

I am thinking Mailloux + Beck + a first gets you in the range of what TB got for Sergachev, which means mtl would pay Calgary Mesar and a 2nd to take on Anderson's salary.

I think it is so many assets that it is not really worth it for Montreal. Maybe if RA was 23 or something. However, i dont think it is outrageous here - Calgary will probably get overpaid for a top 3 D in his prime.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
But why waste the assets to dump contracts that aren't hurting the team now? Andersson's favorable cap number now doesn't really bring much to the table for Montreal knowing they're a bubble team today at best.

When comparing Suzuki to the centers he'll have to face on the road to a Cup Final, he doesn't show well. It's a noticeable weakness of the Montreal roster. Their wing depth and D depth are certainly coming together though.

Actually, Suzuki was the best MTL center/forward in both '20 and '21 unexpected (in a positive way) Habs playoff runs. And he was 20 and 21 yo back then.

Suzuki might not be in the category of McDavid/Crosby/Draisaitl and cie, but he's certainly in the mold of P. Bergeron/Kopitar/Toews and cie, cerebral two way centers that brings other things than points to the table.

Personally, I'm fully comfortable with him as the no.1 center. Even more if Dach stop being injured all the time and come back to where he was 2 years ago/last year (he was MTL best forward in the 2 games he played).

And I agree with you concerning Anderson. Habs aren't in a position to pay assets in order to get rid of Anderson's contract. They don't need the cap space and he's not a bad influence for the youngsters.

Maybe next summer but I doubt it. As Dvorak/Savard/Armia contracts are gonna expire, which will free around 12 mil on the cap. So they won't need the cap space either.

Last edited:

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
The joke is going to be whatever trade the Habs propose here. So go for it. Dazzle us

Yes, of course it happens, but to make it something being more prevalent among Habs fans is hypocritical.. Because it's not.

According to what I saw around here on HFboard, being biased for home team is something that all fan bases are doing ..

This whole "holier than thou" attitude towards Habs fans on this site is of bad faith most of the times...

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi and viceroy

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Yes, of course it happens, but to make it something being more prevalent among Habs fans is hypocritical.. Because it's not.

According to what I saw around here on HFboard, being biased for home team is something that all fan bases are doing ..

This whole "holier than thou" attitude towards Habs fans on this site is of bad faith most of the times...
then again, the "holier than thou" probably has to do with the habs being Québec's religion :D

I think we are just more numerous and passionate. I discuss hockey every day in depth with the people i know and still come to this place. It's not the same in the other places i've lived, closer to smaller markets

Superlative Soup

Lights too bright
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
For comparison, Sergachev got defenseman J.J. Moser, forward Conor Geekie, a 7th-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft (No. 199) and a 2nd-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft.

Moser was a 2nd rounder, Geekie a 11th overall, a 2nd and a 7th. I am sure that taking on the cap hit fully also has value.

McJedi has Andsersson for Savard (TDL value) + Anderson (2026 TDL value/cap dump negative value) + Mailloux + Beck + 2025 1st (top 2 protection)+ Mesar + 2nd.

I am thinking Mailloux + Beck + a first gets you in the range of what TB got for Sergachev, which means mtl would pay Calgary Mesar and a 2nd to take on Anderson's salary.

I think it is so many assets that it is not really worth it for Montreal. Maybe if RA was 23 or something. However, i dont think it is outrageous here - Calgary will probably get overpaid for a top 3 D in his prime.
Sergachev is worse, more expensive and coming off a significant injury.

Reactions: bernmeister

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
They'd match that quite easily.

And looking at the Seth Jarvis contract, don't be surprised if the Oilers manage to get all three of those big fish locked up to less offensive cap numbers than people expect using the same method.

Bouchard has no reason to leave Edmonton, who actually is a Cup contender for a rebuilding Montreal where his game suffers from the immediate downgrade of top end talent.
They can't match. Be capped out. Oilers will have 40+ million by then on Drai, McDavid, Nurse alone. Drai will hit 15m, McD will go over top of that.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
ok.. so what are you saying? That RA is worth more than what was proposed? That you can think of a better comparable?

I am using this example to put the offer in perspective, not to argue Sergachev vs RA

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Sergachev is as good if not better and has 6 (prime) years left and on his deal while Andersson has only two years left. He either walks after two years or the team acquiring him will have to give a long term contract that will probably age like shit in the second half of it - Just like most long term contracts given at 28-29 years old.

I would probably go for Sergachev instead of Andersson if given the opportunity due to their age and respective contract situation.

• Haha

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Andersson has one of the best contracts in the league.

Going to a team that might maybe make the playoffs is a complete waste of his contract value. A better team would surely offer more. Montreal would be stupid to be the highest bid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad