Confirmed with Link: CBJ hire Don Waddell as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager. JD to serve as Senior Advisor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
We are probably using different definitions for the word "knock", I thought of it as a synonym to "criticize" in this context.

I tried to be careful with my words there since I never meant to harshly criticize him, but to express my concerns/fears that could be proven false or unnecessary later at some point when we know better. In my mind criticizing would be stating it bluntly "I don't think Waddell has been patient and strategic..." or something like that.

That is why "we're still knocking him for something he didn't do lmao" felt kind of an unfair response to my original post (it almost seems like a strawman or moving goalposts) and it didn't deserve a simple yes or no answer from me.

I suppose that's what this board is for. 🤷‍♂️

Seems like a huge nothing-burger to me but I'll leave ya to it.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Rebuilding teams have a lot more ice time available for younger guys they recently drafted. That tends to skew any metric on draft picks in favor of teams that spent more time out of the playoff chase. Sillinger has played a lot because the front office failed to find more veteran alternatives.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio

Interesting that he was on the 1980 Miracle Team prior to the Olympics and said the movie was very accurate.

DW made it clear Laine’s time here is done.

Said his ideal team is strong down the middle and good goaltending. Also Monahan is the clear #1 Center.

He is very honest and down to earth. Really like DW.

Last edited:

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023

Interesting that he was on the 1980 Miracle Team prior to the Olympics and said the movie was very accurate.

Said his ideal team is strong down the middle and good goaltending. Also Monahan is the clear #1 Center.

Good interview! Thanks for posting. I'm surprised DW gave them that much time.

Also loved the bit about DW being responsible for giving Brooks the whip!

Reactions: Youngguns1380

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
What does a hockey operations coordinator do?

Full job description​

Summary:
The Coordinator of Team Operations will support the team in various areas including immigration compliance, accounting, travel logistics, scheduling, and provide overall team/staff support. This position requires a high level of flexibility, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
  • Immigration
    • Work closely with legal counsel to ensure all proper documentation is secured for employees to work and travel
  • Accounting
    • Manage team and employee travel expenses
      • Reconcile monthly expense statements
      • Process invoices for payment
  • Travel Logistics
    • Prepare and verify flight manifests, bus times, pick up locations
    • Coordinate and confirm hotel contracts, food and beverage orders, and rooming lists
    • Develop and distribute daily itineraries
    • Secure practice ice times
    • Manage the department communication platforms
      • Enter schedules and update contact information
      • Build out forms needed to be completed by employees
      • Upload group policies and distribute various communications
      • Collaboration with the Hockey Operations Executive Assistant to maintain communication of schedules and events to others outside the department
  • Office Administration
    • Manage office supply requests for staff
    • Update roster boards timely
    • Maintain current department contact list
    • Confirm all A/V functionality in advance of games and practices
    • Update locker room messaging boards
    • Maintain the functionality of various training areas
    • Provide general technology assistance to department employees
    • Respond to individual employee requests in a timely fashion
    • Manage employee device setups and transfers
    • Other duties as assigned & Must maintain high level of confidentiality to the extent applicable
Minimum Qualifications for the Position:
  • Minimum 3+ years administrative and technical support experience
  • Bachelor’s degree required
  • Proficiency in Office 365
  • Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
  • Ability to travel with the team
Critical Competencies
  • Ensures Accountability
    • Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures.
  • Action Oriented
    • Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities.
  • Demonstrates self-awareness
    • Reflects on activities and impact on others. Admits mistakes and gains insight from experiences.
  • Self Development
    • Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities.
  • Optimizes work processes
    • Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Seeks ways to improve processes from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
  • Strong attention to detail, high organizational skillset
  • Ability to manage multiple projects at once
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Ability to work under pressure with high expectations
  • Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected issues

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
1726586320012.png