Confirmed with Link: CBJ hire Don Waddell as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager. JD to serve as Senior Advisor

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
We are probably using different definitions for the word "knock", I thought of it as a synonym to "criticize" in this context.

I tried to be careful with my words there since I never meant to harshly criticize him, but to express my concerns/fears that could be proven false or unnecessary later at some point when we know better. In my mind criticizing would be stating it bluntly "I don't think Waddell has been patient and strategic..." or something like that.

That is why "we're still knocking him for something he didn't do lmao" felt kind of an unfair response to my original post (it almost seems like a strawman or moving goalposts) and it didn't deserve a simple yes or no answer from me.

I suppose that's what this board is for. 🤷‍♂️

Seems like a huge nothing-burger to me but I'll leave ya to it.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Rebuilding teams have a lot more ice time available for younger guys they recently drafted. That tends to skew any metric on draft picks in favor of teams that spent more time out of the playoff chase. Sillinger has played a lot because the front office failed to find more veteran alternatives.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio

Interesting that he was on the 1980 Miracle Team prior to the Olympics and said the movie was very accurate.

DW made it clear Laine’s time here is done.

Said his ideal team is strong down the middle and good goaltending. Also Monahan is the clear #1 Center.

He is very honest and down to earth. Really like DW.

Last edited:

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023

Interesting that he was on the 1980 Miracle Team prior to the Olympics and said the movie was very accurate.

Said his ideal team is strong down the middle and good goaltending. Also Monahan is the clear #1 Center.

Good interview! Thanks for posting. I'm surprised DW gave them that much time.

Also loved the bit about DW being responsible for giving Brooks the whip!

Reactions: Youngguns1380

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad