Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Lee Stempniak (1 year, 900K)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Since when does Brad May break signings? Whatever.

If legit I'm STOKED.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 7s
Lee Stempniak is closing in on a 1 yr agreement with the NY Rangers.

There ya go. Stempniak is a Ranger.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
This is great news! Right handed shot in the top 9. Track record is better than Pouliot. Over the last 4 years he averages 17-24-41 per 82 including 12-23-34 in 73 just last year.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Not a fan of this at all. Not that it's a bad contract or anything, because I'm sure its less than 1 mil and only 1 year, but it just seems like a typical reclamation project that won't be part of our success / part of the solution going forward / part of the future. If guys like Kristo / Miller / Lindberg / Haggerty / Fast are going to be a part of this team's future, they need to be able to compete for and earn a spot. I'd be very disappointed if Haggerty / Fast / Kristo shine in camp but return to the AHL because Stempniak was given a spot without earning it.

Hopefully he becomes the 13th F or beats out Lombardi for the 4th line spot.

I'd much rather let one of Kristo / Haggerty / Fast battle for the spot. Hopefully, if one of them really shines in camp, they'll give them the spot and Stempniak / Lombardi can compete for the 4th line / 13th F spot.

Basically, I just want the spot to be EARNED; not given to a player because of what he did years and years ago. We shall see.

Perhaps this is just one of the dominoes falling en route to the Drouin trade.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Yes I do want a medal.

2hqw6d41.gif

:laugh:

And I agree, great signing.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Not a fan of this at all.

Hopefully he becomes the 13th F or beats out Lombardi for the 4th line spot.

I'd much rather let one of Kristo / Haggerty / Fast battle for the spot. Hopefully, if one of them really shines in camp, they'll give them the spot and Stempniak / Lombardi can compete for the 4th line / 13th F spot.

He's a guy who's been better than Pouilot his whole career.. why dont you like it?.. and another right handed shot.. and a ONE year deal.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
So what are we looking at right now. Something like
Kreider Stepan Nash
Hagelin Miller St. Louis
Stempniak Brassard Zucc
Glass Moore Lombardi

That looks fine to me. That's a better top 9 than we had coming into last year. 4th line is questionable but it's definitely faster than it was last year. Each of those 3 lines now has speed and a lot of talent.

Zuccarello Awesome*

He's a guy who's been better than Pouilot his whole career.. why dont you like it?.. and another right handed shot.. and a ONE year deal.

Editted my post. I really just want the spots to be earned (whether its by a rookie or a veteran), rather than just signing a guy and gifting him a spot in the lineup because he scored 20 goals a bunch of years ago.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Kreider Stepan Nash
Hagelin Miller St. Louis
Stempniak Brassard Zucc
Glass Moore Lombardi

That looks fine to me. That's a better top 9 than we had coming into last year. 4th line is questionable but it's definitely faster than it was last year. Each of those 3 lines now has speed and a lot of talent.

Flip Nash and Marty and let's go.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
In what world is Stempniak a 4th line winger...the guy averages over 40 points a year. He is closer to a 1st line winger than a 4th line winger. In reality he is more of a 2nd/3rd line tweener closer to the 2nd though.

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
Kreider Stepan Nash
Hagelin Miller St. Louis
Stempniak Brassard Zucc
Glass Moore Lombardi

I don't understand why those lines have to stay the same.

I think it should be
Kreider - Stepan -MSL
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - Stempniak
Glass/Lindberg - Moore - Lombardi/Lindberg

Ex. Fast if we need him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad