Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Lee Stempniak (1 year, 900K)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Yes, but Pitt also has one of the few goalies in NHL history capable of letting in two OT goals in one game. In looking at their off-season moves, the Pens honestly look like they got slightly worse to me. I am also still strongly of the mindset that we have the better team and would have beaten them more quickly this prior playoffs had we not had the horrific schedule the league handed us against the Pens.

I could not get through the rest of thsi post.

that is classic and needs to be stickied somewhere.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I don't get how a player like Stempniak gets less money and less term than freakin Tanner Glass.

This is a good signing. I like it.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't believe the Kreider-Stepan-Nash was consistently dominant.

From what I remember, that line was quite good fancy stats wise even when they weren't scoring so that's not necessarily something I'd spit in the face of

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Why is anyone surprised? Every year goons get $1.5, while journeymen get $1. I like Stemp, but he gave us only a marginal discount over his market value.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Love this signing. I dont know if this has been mentioned but he is a former college teammate of Hugh Jessiman. Please stop with the J.T Miller. He has shown nothing at the NHL level and unless he has a stellar camp he is not going to be on this team.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Love this signing. I dont know if this has been mentioned but he is a former college teammate of Hugh Jessiman. Please stop with the J.T Miller. He has shown nothing at the NHL level and unless he has a stellar camp he is not going to be on this team.

Please stop spewing your opinion as fact. The way things are shaping up, I think he would have to have a pretty horrendous camp to not be on the team. Unless you're comfortable with Matt Lombardi centering the 3rd line.

KreiMeARiver*

as per usual you have no idea what you're talking about

Last edited by a moderator:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Sather said he'd be playing in the playoffs last year if he wasn't hurt.

So, just to get this straight, they were going to play him in the playoffs, last year, when they had more forward depth all around, and when the games meant much, much more than they will to start this next season, but, he's shown nothing at this level and likely won't even be on the team next year, when the team is short on skaters at his position and has absolutely no cap space whatsoever?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Like that hes a RH forward. They needed that. Hes no Callahan but its like getting a Cally-lite player back that fits well into AVs system.

I think JT Miller will be fine. my .02

TurgePurge*

Sather said he'd be playing in the playoffs last year if he wasn't hurt.

So, just to get this straight, they were going to play him in the playoffs, last year, when they had more forward depth all around, and when the games meant much, much more than they will to start this next season, but, he's shown nothing at this level and likely won't even be on the team next year, when the team is short on skaters at his position and has absolutely no cap space whatsoever?

Whose spot was Miller taking when we had our full lineup? If you say anyone but Richards you can forget it.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
You can say that about just about any NHL caliber player though. I'd rather they used that space to give Zucc his long term deal.

If they gave, say, Ryan Carter 900k instead of Glass 1.45, that's 550k. I'm really not sure that's the breaker between a long term deal for Zucc.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If they gave, say, Ryan Carter 900k instead of Glass 1.45, that's 550k. I'm really not sure that's the breaker between a long term deal for Zucc.
That gets you pretty close, I would think. They likely won't be up against the cap after the three RFAs sign.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Please stop spewing your opinion as fact. The way things are shaping up, I think he would have to have a pretty horrendous camp to not be on the team. Unless you're comfortable with Matt Lombardi centering the 3rd line.

as per usual you have no idea what you're talking about

Although that may be the case, I don't necessarily think he is wrong. Miller has shown nothing at the NHL level. That is closer to factual than it is opinionated. Considering Miller hasn't shown much at the NHL level during both the regular season & the playoffs, it is not unreasonable to think he may not make the team out of camp.

Who knows. Maybe Miller is to AV what Kreider was to Torts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad