Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Artemi Panarin (7 years, $11.64M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
listening to JG & JD talk about how panarin fits the plan and the positive impact that he'll have on all the kids makes me giddy...

obviously we have a bunch of young russians that i'm sure are now thrilled he is here...JD raved about his conditioning/work ethic. and he should also help development whether playing with the young players or taking pressure off them....all potentially good stuff

and as if we haven't had enough pointless discussions over the semantics of the terms 'rebuild' vs 'retool'...JD calls it a 'build' lol

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I don't know if he was just a Ranger killer but every time I've seen him play against us he's looked as good as any player in the league. I remember one insane OT shift of his where he was on for like 2+ minutes straight just skating circles around us last season.
He was absolutely a Ranger killer, but ya, he’s like a top-10 offensive player in hockey.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Kakko-Zibanejad-Panarin
Kreider-Chytil-Buchnevich
Lemieux-Howden-Kravstov
Strome-Nieves-Fast

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-Shattenkirk
Fox/Hajek-ADA

I like it

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Well I’m too busy too catch in on the celebrations today. I didn’t want him to begin with, but I can’t sit here and cry about it now. He is a Ranger and I’m going to cheer for him and hope for the best. With or without Panarin, this offseason has been amazing. I trust in Gorton is all that matters, since day one and I’m intrigued to see how this all will play out.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
the blueline is still a work in progress and likely why we will still struggle next year...but its so much better than last year just by swapping pionk for trouba...not where it needs to be but its clearly moving in the right direction

By the time our blue line is good Panarin will be 30+

Reactions: Off Sides

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Kakko-Zibanejad-Panarin
Kreider-Chytil-Buchnevich
Lemieux-Howden-Kravstov
Strome-Nieves-Fast

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-Shattenkirk
Fox/Hajek-ADA

I like it

Nieves over Lias? Also I just dont see how we Kreider isn't a cap casualty at this point. Dont we have less than $10 mill in cap space with 4 key RFA's?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
To the people (myself included) that are worried that the timeline is off.

1) I'm sure Gorton would have preferred a 28 year old (he'll be 28 most of next season) Panarin to be available in a year or two, but that's not the case.

2) Hossa was 30 when he signed with the Hawks. Granted they were already a playoff team by that point and made the WCF but maybe we're getting a jump on things. In 2 years Kakko and Kravtsov could be beasts and our D would have a lot of guys graduating.

Reactions: Holocene

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'll point out that right now the only long term contract the Rangers have is Skjei and now presumably Panarin. We can also assume that Trouba will get one.

It's a lot of money, but the Rangers are somewhat in a place to do that as again, no long term contracts at all at this point. When Kakko, Kravtsov, etc are up for a big raise, a whole lot of stuff will already be off the books.

I dunno how this will turn out but it's not quite as bad as it might look

Montreal should give us their 2020 1st, protected.
But we gotta act now.
Later, they get someone else, it will be too late.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
5DPnlYc.jpg

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am not so sure CK is gone just yet.

The smart move is to take less and dump salary of Namest, Strome, along with BSmith and Skjei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad