Larry Brooks: Rangers/Red Wings Trouba Talks Heating up, NYR would retain $2.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Hayes trade seems to kind of establish the general parameters of a deal here.
Why? Hayes is nothing like Trouba. And half his salary was already retained. He’s so bad he wasnt worth it at less than 4mil cap hit…
Like it or not, Trouba has attributes some teams need/think they need. Hayes not so much.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It's not a full waiver of the clause, never is.

It's waived for a specific location so tjat the player is in control of the destination
Ahh got it! You learn something every day!

Trouba probably doesn’t have Detroit on his list so I don’t know if that is the case.
He has a full NTC right now, so would need to waive. That becomes a 15-team NTC on July 1, where DET will likely not be on his list. That's why I thought they would need to wait until July 1, but @pld459666 clarified - if he waives his full NTC today to let the trade go through, that doesn't mean he's ceded his NTC while on Detroit.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I find it so funny how half of you no matter what comes out and is being said, who refuse to believe trouba is moving and believe we are going to get crap back while retaining. How bout you wait and see, bc it’s becoming more and more likely apthat he is gone and that it’s a solid trade bc we aren’t going to take on salary while retaining. Some of you are too funny with your takes if we are going to take on more salary when drury wants to shed it. Take a breather and come back later today

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
well-waiting.gif

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Why? Hayes is nothing like Trouba. And half his salary was already retained. He’s so bad he wasnt worth it at less than 4mil cap hit…
Like it or not, Trouba has attributes some teams need/think they need. Hayes not so much.
I think the idea is more of what it would take to shed a bad contract without taking one back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay