Larry Brooks: Rangers/Red Wings Trouba Talks Heating up, NYR would retain $2.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Trouba probably doesn’t have Detroit on his list so I don’t know if that is the case.
I would think they are on his list.
1) He is from there
2) Friends on the team. Copp is supposedly one of his best buddies.
3) Family in the area

Only places I would assume are off Trouba's list are the Canadian teams. His wife can't practice medicine in Canada.

Reactions: CasusBelli

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I think the idea is more of what it would take to shed a bad contract without taking one back.
But DET WANTS Trouba, this isn’t us JUST dumping salary and DET helping us out. That’s part of what I mean by saying Hayes is nothing like Trouba. At 3.75mil hit, like Hayes is, we’d just play him on the third pair… apples and oranges.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I would think they are on his list.
1) He is from there
2) Friends on the team. Copp is supposedly one of his best buddies.
3) Family in the area

Only places I would assume are off Trouba's list are the Canadian teams. His wife can't practice medicine in Canada.
Its a NO trade list. The list is teams he WONT go to, not teams he WILL.

• Haha
Reactions: djzbad

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If the rangers retain and take back a contract they better be getting a 1st. Otherwise that’s not even worth it at that point. You would be clearing out 2M in cap space.
And it’ll likely be a late first valued as a mid first. Detroit is likely a playoff team next year, but the draft pick value won’t reflect that until the trade deadline, so it’s still valued as a mid-rounder.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Jacob Trouba getting traded

1719687493856.png

Reactions: Atax

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I find it so funny how half of you no matter what comes out and is being said, who refuse to believe trouba is moving and believe we are going to get crap back while retaining. How bout you wait and see, bc it’s becoming more and more likely apthat he is gone and that it’s a solid trade bc we aren’t going to take on salary while retaining. Some of you are too funny with your takes if we are going to take on more salary when drury wants to shed it. Take a breather and come back later today
Because the negatives have to believe the Rangers always fail.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I find it so funny how half of you no matter what comes out and is being said, who refuse to believe trouba is moving and believe we are going to get crap back while retaining. How bout you wait and see, bc it’s becoming more and more likely apthat he is gone and that it’s a solid trade bc we aren’t going to take on salary while retaining. Some of you are too funny with your takes if we are going to take on more salary when drury wants to shed it. Take a breather and come back later today
Its more because there really isn't much on the Detroit roster that they would trade thats beneficial for the Rangers. Add to that with retaining for next year when they need the cap and it doesn't seem like a good fit unless they somehow get a 1st out of the deal which would be shocking.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Free agency starts Monday. If Trouba isn't traded today or tomorrow then he's not getting traded. All the top free agents will be gone Monday. Drury needs the cap space to sign any of them.

Reactions: Atax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad