Rangers Raise “Regular season Champions” banner.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I’d argue a pretty big distinction between this and the Predators one. There is not an award for “regular season conference champions.” And to my knowledge, no team had ever hung a banner to that effect before.

Unlike the Rangers one, there is and has been an award or at least a title for this for nearly a century, many teams have previously hung this exact banner, and all 18 teams that have won the award recognizing the achievement since it was created have hung a banner.

So again, seems to be a “dump on the Rangers” thing. Unless we really want to stretch equivalency to the extreme/farcical.
Wings have the regular season conference championship banners too, including years where they also win the President's Trophy.

636217646261873043-BT6I2655-88.jpg

Reactions: kaiser matias

Crow

May 19, 2014
To me there is nothing wrong with throwing a banner up in to the rafters to acknowledge the success of a team through their history. Throwing up 3 of them for one team like the predators is pretty weird though.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
1729284461676.png

Just having fun. It's actually funny because the Leafs are the ultimate Regular Season Darlings.

We call Mitch Marner a Regular Season Darling.

Please don't ban me for this.

Good luck on Saturday.

Love your team, I think you guys can go a long way.

Rehabguy

In ROY I trust
Oct 2, 2011
I think Patrick Roy needs to give the Rangers the Duchene treatment next time he visits the Garden.

Regular Season Champions

“Big cheer….Are you kidding me? What is THAT???”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SI90

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
He’s said he wishes the war would end, what else is he reasonably supposed to do in his situation? I’m sure the famously reasonable and even-tempered head of state you’re referring to would take kindly Ovi withdrawing his endorsement.

People like us in NA take it for granted that we have a freedom of political expression that typically doesn’t result in dire consequences for our family and friends. Your criticism of Putin comes at zero personal cost or risk to you. It’s not quite as easy for people in places like Russia.

I noticed he doesnt clarify who he hopes would be the 'winner' at the end of the war.

Also noticed he still has vlad in his Instagram avatar. He could at least change that without repercussions, no?

Ovi is a low-IQ meathead jock, from a "favored" family. its no wonder where is support lies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad