Rangers Raise “Regular season Champions” banner.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I’d argue a pretty big distinction between this and the Predators one. There is not an award for “regular season conference champions.” And to my knowledge, no team had ever hung a banner to that effect before.

Unlike the Rangers one, there is and has been an award or at least a title for this for nearly a century, many teams have previously hung this exact banner, and all 18 teams that have won the award recognizing the achievement since it was created have hung a banner.

So again, seems to be a “dump on the Rangers” thing. Unless we really want to stretch equivalency to the extreme/farcical.
Wings have the regular season conference championship banners too, including years where they also win the President's Trophy.

636217646261873043-BT6I2655-88.jpg

Reactions: kaiser matias

Crow

May 19, 2014
To me there is nothing wrong with throwing a banner up in to the rafters to acknowledge the success of a team through their history. Throwing up 3 of them for one team like the predators is pretty weird though.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
1729284461676.png

Just having fun. It's actually funny because the Leafs are the ultimate Regular Season Darlings.

We call Mitch Marner a Regular Season Darling.

Please don't ban me for this.

Good luck on Saturday.

Love your team, I think you guys can go a long way.

Rehabguy

In ROY I trust
Oct 2, 2011
I think Patrick Roy needs to give the Rangers the Duchene treatment next time he visits the Garden.

Regular Season Champions

“Big cheer….Are you kidding me? What is THAT???”

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad