Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Huska played in his second game and recorded the W, stopping 32 of 33.

Hajek was scoreless and +1.

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Don't think I saw it posted anywhere, but the AJHL, the Junior A league where Matthew Rempe was on loan, paused their season. There is no date for return scheduled but the BoG will meet on 12/19 to reassess.

Reactions: egelband

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
But I heard he is too small and we need to get bigger on defense....

:sarcasm:

He is too small and he'll never play a game for the Rangers. Learn what type of teams win cups. Teams who win cups don't have 3 or 4 small, offensive defenseman. It never works. Ever. The left side of our defense will be made up of Miller, Lindgren, either Robertson or Hajek. The right side probably will be Schneider, Fox and Lundkvist. They will never carry more than two 5'10 d man this team. Not with JD running it. I don't believe Tampa had a dman under 6 feet last year. Same for St. Louis the year before. Your type of thinking is how AV thought. Which is why our defense sucked more and more. His thinking was, put small, quick skating puck moving defenseman out there. Those types don't win playoff series unless you limit them to one or two surrounded by big defenseman.

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He is too small and he'll never play a game for the Rangers. Learn what type of teams win cups. Teams who win cups don't have 3 or 4 small, offensive defenseman. It never works. Ever. The left side of our defense will be made up of Miller, Lindgren, either Robertson or Hajek. The right side probably will be Schneider, Fox and Lundkvist. They will never carry more than two 5'10 d man this team. Not with JD running it. I don't believe Tampa had a dman under 6 feet last year. Same for St. Louis the year before. Your type of thinking is how AV thought. Which is why our defense sucked more and more. His thinking was, put small, quick skating puck moving defenseman out there. Those types don't win playoff series unless you limit them to one or two surrounded by big defenseman.
Thanks for that little Crystal Ball experience you just provided. Too funny.

Jones is 5’10”. He could grow another inch or two in the next couple years. Maybe he won’t. But you speaking in absolutes that he will never play a game for the Rangers is hysterical. You already got Miller penciled in... because of his size? He still has a lot to prove. Same for Roberston. Hajek hasn’t been able to stick in the NHL. If Jones is the better player he will be on that left side.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He definitely isn't "too small" to play in the NHL, given that 20% of the top-50 scorers (EDIT: defensemen) are under 6'0" and several others are listed at exactly 6'0" but clearly aren't. 5'10" is not too small to play defense in the NHL, on its own. If you're also weak, or a bad skater or something, sure. Jones is neither of those.

Will he play for the Rangers? There's a good chance he won't. That will likely have more to do with the numbers game than anything else. But, who knows, when Jones is ready in a few years, so much could change. DeAngelo could be gone. No guarantee that Miller or Lundkvist become what we think they can become. Maybe Lindgren is traded. I mean so much could change, it's literally impossible to say with certainty what the roster will look like and what spots will or will not be open in a couple seasons.

I think Jones plays his Junior season then signs. One year in the AHL then pushes for a spot. That's three full seasons (including this season which just started) before he's pushing for a spot. A lot can change.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He definitely isn't "too small" to play in the NHL, given that 20% of the top-50 scorers (EDIT: defensemen) are under 6'0" and several others are listed at exactly 6'0" but clearly aren't. 5'10" is not too small to play defense in the NHL, on its own. If you're also weak, or a bad skater or something, sure. Jones is neither of those.

Will he play for the Rangers? There's a good chance he won't. That will likely have more to do with the numbers game than anything else. But, who knows, when Jones is ready in a few years, so much could change. DeAngelo could be gone. No guarantee that Miller or Lundkvist become what we think they can become. Maybe Lindgren is traded. I mean so much could change, it's literally impossible to say with certainty what the roster will look like and what spots will or will not be open in a couple seasons.

I think Jones plays his Junior season then signs. One year in the AHL then pushes for a spot. That's three full seasons (including this season which just started) before he's pushing for a spot. A lot can change.

The Rangers eventually will have a mix of bigger and smaller guys. A good defense isn't all about offensive puck moving ability nor is it all about clear the crease stay at homers. Having a couple guys who can run a power play is essential---having two or three really good defenders who can kill off penalties is essential too. Our D is a work in process and it's going to take a couple/three years anyway to work this all out.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Rangers eventually will have a mix of bigger and smaller guys. A good defense isn't all about offensive puck moving ability nor is it all about clear the crease stay at homers. Having a couple guys who can run a power play is essential---having two or three really good defenders who can kill off penalties is essential too. Our D is a work in process and it's going to take a couple/three years anyway to work this all out.

Like nyr2k2 said, Jones is 3 years away from making the team. Who knows where we are at that stage. Everyone is already pencilling in Miller, Robertson and Schneider are considered sure-fire NHLers

Those are 4 D-men who bring an edge to their game and/or are quite tall. Jones wouldn't really step into a small blueline assuming those 3 make it.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The 2019 Bruins had two very large defensemen, one 6'0", one 5'11", and two 5'9". 15 playoff wins.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Anybody that voted Stutzle over Alf should be embarrassed of themselves.

edit - never realized it was just one guy. Not as bad in that case; he's just wrong.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Skinner didn't make it unfortunately. He was part of camp in October
Oh I didn't realize he was a part of an earlier camp. How many were invited to that one? I didn't think he'd be on the radar. I saw one Twitter comment saying he's getting snubbed because he's a junior player and I thought ok homer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Oh I didn't realize he was a part of an earlier camp. How many were invited to that one? I didn't think he'd be on the radar. I saw one Twitter comment saying he's getting snubbed because he's a junior player and I thought ok homer.

I think 30-35 players back then. Skinner was surprised he was part of the team back then and was invited. He didn't expect it at all, so for him, that was already a bonus.

And I know the person you speak of haha.

Reactions: Thirty One

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Skinner may have been there had he not decided to go the CHL route and stuck with his initial commitment to NCAA hockey. I know some people like to act like that's not a thing, but it is.

While true, I cannot really argue with their decision when seeing who is on the team instead of him

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
While true, I cannot really argue with their decision when seeing who is on the team instead of him
I don't think he was a big snub or anything. That said, two of the three goalies, all nine defensemen, and 15 of the 17 forwards are NCAA guys. 26 of 29 players. If you're a fringe guy and you're in the OHL, you're going to miss out behind a guy in the NCAA. Maybe he'd be there instead of Cam McDonald.

Reactions: Thirty One

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So you're saying they fell a little short?
7be017661cb1765d63051af8b33913a7.jpg

Reactions: Miamipuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad