Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
It's a valid complaint regarding the way they came out tonight. Do that in the playoffs and it will burn you with a loss sooner or later. I am not saying you cannot go down 1-0, as one of the teams has to but giving it away like that first goal, nah, that is a bad thing.

Very good after that against a hard hitting team with some very dangerous forwards and a goalie who has picked up his performance recently.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I'm so sick of this notion. Just because Glass doesn't actively cost us games doesn't mean he is playing well. He is still an absurdly terrible hockey player who makes us a 3 line team.

Yeah, there were several times tonight where he could have kept up offensive zone pressure with a simple, easy play, but he failed to do anything and the puck came the other way.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This is why the game is played on the ice and not on a spreadsheet.... there are ebbs and flows to a season, and the fact we find ways despite not playing great/injuries/non calls says a lot about the ways this team can win

This team reminds me of the Hawks from 12-13.... they would play like **** all game, score 1 goal for 2.5 period, and all of the sudden they would just unload in the last half of the 3rd and just win games like that...

Playoffs came and they just turned it back on and swarmed their opponents into oblivion.

Also remember that:
- Hunwick is indirectly making our defense much worse because of how much Girardi and McDonagh have to play... Once Klein comes back, we might actually be able to play Staal-Boyle as our top pairing--which at this point I'm perfectly fine with.
- MSL coming back adds a ton of balance to our teams RW depth
- NYR has played 8 games in 13 days dating back to March 18th against the blackhawks, and it was NOT a cupcake schedule... They've play 10 games over 17 days... that's a lot of hockey against some desperate teams... I'm willing to forgive the crappy play until the final 3 games of the regular season

I LOVE the all-american line. I've been dying for Kreider-Stepan-Miller all year, and finally it comes and Miller springs Kreider with one of the most beautiful

MSL coming back will drop him right in that 3rd line spot, pushing Fast back to the 4th line. I think Hayes will produce even more with a finisher

Sheppard looked good tonight. Praying he gets that 4LW spot over Glass--Sather may actually step in over AV on this one.

Nash is still timid, but he's looking better and better each game... still, that isn't good enough, he needs to pick it up.

Yandle desperately needs Klein, because he's sacrificing offense to cover for hunwick in order to play defense.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
CBeXBpXUQAAGEHj.jpg

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don't be surprised to see the Rangers win a few, or hopefully more than a few, road games in exactly this fashion in the playoffs.

A few yeah, and it's great that we have a gritty team. I just wanna see us carry play in a few more games.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Very meh game. Cut the 2pts is 2pts crap, don't like how we play these last games. The effort is not really there. Could be tousands of reasons for all I care. This is not the time to cool down. And hockey, with all its shot blocking and roughness, is not a sport where you can use couple of game to save yourself some energy. Alas, off to the next game.

They were playing a really big, good, and desperate team in a place that is really hard to win. The effort was there but their game is still not wher they want it to be yet. You take the 2 points and move on.

Whiskers*

Stepan does not get enough credit for how good he is in his defensive end! His play on the winner is why he is worth every penny they give him. He is so fun to watch!!

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
I really don't know what people are talking about bad game. This was a pretty textbook road game. After the initial surge in a tough building, the Rangers didn't give up much in the way of chances.

That's how you win on the road. Screw all the Negative Normans around here.

Pretty much agree, especially considering where the two teams sit in the standings.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
The team looked good, better than the last game. Hank still has work to do to get into his form. Glad we got the two poins.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Jt is the man! AV knows he has no choice but to keep him in lineup. Kid plays well on any line u put him on and he bring physicality that this team will desperately need going forward

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
You know how I know we are a legit elite team?

Winnipeg tried their best there tonight and still we slugged out the victory.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stepan does not get enough credit for how good he is in his defensive end! His play on the winner is why he is worth every penny they give him. He is so fun to watch!!

Not quite where he usually is yet, but I thought he had an improved game.

Meanwhile, Boyle, Girardi, and Staal got absolutely shelled in possession. Awful game form our D.

McDonagh was actually solid besides the turnover, but he's a #1, that turnover can't happen.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
If I see any comments about Byfuglien's weight or comparing him to any kind of animal, you're not gonna like the result. Last warning. Talk about the game.

Hahaha! I had a few comments on that but OK!

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
“@HartnettHockey: #NYR defenseman Dan Girardi recorded a career-high 10 blocked shots in tonight's 3-2 victory over the #NHLJets. #Warrior #Terminatorâ€

BUT WE SHOULD NEVER BLOCK SHOTS BECAUSE ITS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH GAME IF THE OTHER TEAM EVER HAS THE PUCK.

:handclap:

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
I don't know where people get the idea that we played "awful" that wasn't nearly as bad of a game that people want to indicate. Are people really that spoiled with wins that they expect the rangers to go out and dominate every team they play?

something like 9 games in 14 days, traveling to places like WPG, MIN etc in the process, you guys better get used to conservative efforts on road games.

This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad