Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
“@HartnettHockey: #NYR defenseman Dan Girardi recorded a career-high 10 blocked shots in tonight's 3-2 victory over the #NHLJets. #Warrior #Terminatorâ€

BUT WE SHOULD NEVER BLOCK SHOTS BECAUSE ITS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH GAME IF THE OTHER TEAM EVER HAS THE PUCK.

Wow, talk about a misleading post. If we are indeed pinned in our zone blocking shots is not a bad thing. However you don't want to be in that position.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Glad to know there are a whole bunch of whiners in Winnipeg that are going to bed with their panties in a bunch

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Glass wasn't that bad.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but he hasn't looked like a liability out there since MSL went down.

I think the tighter checking games in which referees swallow their whistles work to his advantage.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
xmcdc_blu_1.gif

We need these for our guys hockey sticks

I agree. Yandle and McD especially.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Well, a ****** game, a nice result. This has happened a lot this year. I have little confidence in this team compared to last year's team. I was so proud of the team last year for their possession game. This year they have none. They're like a rich (very rich) man's Maple Leafs from past seasons (not comparing them to that team this year).

I'm proud of this team because they have 48 wins and 103 points, not to mention 1st in the east and 25 road wins.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hank quickly getting back into form. The first goal was obviously weak, but he still faced 34 shots and got 32 of them. They weren't cupcakes either. Good bounce back game from him. I think that's really the most important part of this last regular season stretch.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
If we don't win the Presidents Trophy then I hope Anaheim does, 'cause then it will be meaningless.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Game marred by that dirty play by Byfuglien. He should get a game or two for that--though it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get anything.

Henrik was really good tonight. This was a very good game for him. IMO Girardi and Boyle were our best defensemen. Girardi broke up tons of plays and blocked tons of shots. Boyle held up well tonight against a very good team and was outstanding on the PK. To me this was one of his best games of the year.

Of the forwards Zucc stood out the most. After that the Stepan-Kreider-Miller line was our best.

It's a good win against a good big physical team in their own rink.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't know where people get the idea that we played "awful" that wasn't nearly as bad of a game that people want to indicate. Are people really that spoiled with wins that they expect the rangers to go out and dominate every team they play?

something like 9 games in 14 days, traveling to places like WPG, MIN etc in the process, you guys better get used to conservative efforts on road games.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Don't be surprised to see the Rangers win a few, or hopefully more than a few, road games in exactly this fashion in the playoffs.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Henrik had a lot of bodies in the way on a number of those shots, He was moving well, saw him change direction laterally on a dime to make a save.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Don't be surprised to see the Rangers win a few, or hopefully more than a few, road games in exactly this fashion in the playoffs.

We did this all last year too when we were an excellent possession team. No coincidence we've set and tied the franchise record in road wins back to back seasons.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault on Byfuglien's cross-check to Miller: "violent, deliberate, could have broken his neck" #NYR”

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Game marred by that dirty play by Byfuglien. He should get a game or two for that--though it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get anything.

Henrik was really good tonight. This was a very good game for him. IMO Girardi and Boyle were our best defensemen. Girardi broke up tons of plays and blocked tons of shots. Boyle held up well tonight against a very good team and was outstanding on the PK. To me this was one of his best games of the year.

Of the forwards Zucc stood out the most. After that the Stepan-Kreider-Miller line was our best.

It's a good win against a good big physical team in their own rink.

Agreed. He's definitely getting up to speed. His puck handling was atrocious though. :laugh:

It's never been a strength, but in the last two years he's been light years ahead of his previous play with the puck. Hopefully that's just something that's going to take a bit longer to adjust to than actually stopping the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad